GO!

He's messing everything up when he's drinking water

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Socks

Ninja Cat

Purred: Tue Jun 12, '12 3:39am PST 
Hello everyone! I'm new here on Catster and I just realized how many things about cats I DON'T know. Anyway, I just wanted to ask, why is Socks's creating a mess when drinking from his bowl? The walls are almost about to lose their color! I don't knowshrugWe have tried with different bowls, but the same every time. The water gets everywhere and we can't be every second behind him and dry the water... Any solutions? thinking
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Jun 12, '12 3:44am PST 
What exactly, is he doing, that water goes everywhere?
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Tue Jun 12, '12 8:50am PST 
Hi, Socks, your pal Monster here. I read in your diary that you like to swim in the tub, so it sounds like you like to play in the water bowl, too! Maybe your mom could put a plastic mat under your bowl and tape some plastic onto the walls around it so they don't get wet.
[notify]

Coconut

My mom works for- MARS Petcare

Purred: Tue Jun 12, '12 3:02pm PST 
i think you're right Monster! A water player!

I have seen people with similar problems talk about this bowl:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Orginal-Buddy-Bowl-Gal/dp/B0002768D Y/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

And also moving to a water bottle. Like for rabbits.

Hard when they like playing in water so much. I feel your pain as I knew a cat like this! We just put up with his antics.
[notify]

Socks

Ninja Cat

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 4:45am PST 
@Bumpurr Yes, that's what my mum meant. She says I'm drinking like a dog laugh out loud
[notify]

Socks

Ninja Cat

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 4:47am PST 
Monster, that's a very nice idea! I'll tell my mum if she can decorate it too!
And make it look like a fish! Yaaay! happy dance
[notify]

Socks

Ninja Cat

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 4:59am PST 
@Coconut You mean the ones which are like feeding bottles?
[notify]

Coconut

My mom works for- MARS Petcare

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 6:02am PST 
I think they are talking about the hanging bottles. I would try the bowls first. They look kind of interesting and harder to play in.
[notify]

Socks

Ninja Cat

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 7:21am PST 
Is it possible to drink from the hanging ones? I mean.. It sounds a little bit odd... Whan my mum had given me this bottle-bowl (like the ones they have in some shops) put my foot in and I started playing like a maniac. My mum went mad.Completely.
[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 2:47pm PST 
Some cats will use the hanging ones. Meowma got one for me after I played in my water bowl at a cat show, then rolled in cat litter so I looked like a breaded fish stick...Meowma didn't se intil it was almost my turn to be judgedbig laugh
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2