GO!

What pet food now?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gizmo

Big Baby

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 2:44pm PST 
We feed our 4 cats Professional and luckily the bag we have is not one of the bags that was recalled but now I want to get my babies away from Diamond pet food. Budget is an issue but don't want to go back to food with all the bad stuff in it. Any suggestions?? The bag I buy now is 32.99 for I think 15 or 18 lbs. Was looking at Halo and Purina Beyond.
[notify]

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 3:14pm PST 
I feed Blue Wilderness chicken dry and wet, its by Blue Buffalo, you can get it at Petsmart or Petco. If you feed a good quality food, you will find that you actually feed less of it, so in the long run, its cheaper.

A 2 lb bag is ballpark $10.99 and it lasts me all week, and that is with 4 cats. They get 1/2 can wet in the morn, and 1/8 cup dry at night. Cowboy is the only one that gets 1/4 cup at night, does he look thin?

They are show cats, this is Cowboy's picture from this season, its his top 25, in his region picture.
[notify]

Gizmo

Big Baby

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 3:14pm PST 
Spa Select Indoor Cat Food?
Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Cat Food?
Holistic Select Chicken Meal Radiant Health Adult & Kitten Dry Cat Food?
[notify]

Cruiser

Top 25 Winner- Region 1- 2011-2012

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 3:15pm PST 
This is Cruiser, I wouldn't want any more weight on him. This too, was taken at a show this season, he finished 23rd.
[notify]

Jack

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 7:04pm PST 
We all eat Nutro Max Cat and do rather well on it. Momma buys the 16 lb bag which runs about 24 dollars or so and it lasts us for about three months. We get canned food as well every day.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 10:17pm PST 
We all do Nutro Max Cat too!! Daddy buys the Indoor Roasted Chicken kibble for us and we get wet twice a day also way to go Besides the Nutro Max kibble and Nutro Max Cat wet food, he gets us a different variety of flavors and textures of Nutro Natural Choice wet foods as well. Nutro Max Cat is a premium food and will not break the budget. You can find it at http://www.nutro.com/natural-cat-food/max-cat-food.aspx
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Sat May 26, '12 12:48am PST 
We love Holistic Select, duck & the fish one. But the chicken one has way too much phosphorus for my older cat. If you want to try the chicken one, Holistic Select will mail you a sample with coupons. That is on their website. Take the quiz to get the $5 coupon. I signed up for the news letter to get the $3 kibble coupons. And they make their food in their own plant in Indiana!

I give my three cats a large variety to chose from. Besides Holistic Select, they have Pronature duck & the salmon one, Nature's Variety rabbit & the duck & turkey one, Wellness indoor health chicken. For a treat I have a small bag of Precise Holistic Complete salmon. I have a bag of Earthborn grain free fish but they now hate it. I sprinkle the Earthborn into the HS fish & they eat around it. Spoiled brats!

I'm a couponer & buy on sale. The Pronature was BOGO at Pet Supplies Plus, two 6 lbs bags for $27. Last year, Petco has the Nature's Variety on sale & manufacture coupon & a Petco coupon for $5 off $25. That came down to $15 off the 6 lb bag & I had to buy $5 more dollars of stuff to get to the $25. I just got the Wellness the same way with a sale & reward coupons, manufacture coupon & a $5 off $25 Petco coupon, 11.5 lbs for $15 & it was $40. The Petco adoption weekends they have been having the $5 off $25 coupons on the Petco website. Only two Petcos in my area have the Holistic Select feline kibble. It was on Manager Special for $16.74. I hope they will still carry it. Last year, HS had a Facebook contest & gave us $10 coupons. The Petsmart sales on Black Friday & a sale in Feb., I stocked up on years worth of litter. Dr. Elsey's 40 lbs Ultra litter for $9 after sale & coupon. This weekend at Petsmart canned Friskies $0.45 a can. The Black Friday sale is the one to stock up on canned Friskies.

With a larger variety of kibble, the cats love it & I can wait for the really big sales to use all my coupons.
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Sun May 27, '12 3:55am PST 
Well here is the link for the $5 off $25 Petco coupon for June. I found the link on Woofwoofmama's blog.

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_storeadoptions_Nav_114.a spx?cm_mmc=pf-_-NAW-_-banners-_-lola300x250

Get your PALS card out to save. Don't have a card sign up for one. The Nutro Max is on sale through 6/16. A 16 lbs. bag is $19.99. It says it is $2 off. So based on that, you will need to buy another $3.01 to get to use $5 off $25 coupon. Now if you also sign up on the Nutro webpage to get the newsletter & coupons, you may get more off. I'm not sure what amounts on their coupons are. But do it before the end of May to get the June newsletter. Their website only has the dog kibble online to print for $3 off. Check their Facebook page too for printable coupons.

Also you can get a free 3 oz. can of Wellnes. That coupon is on the Petco website along with the current ad. You can subtract that from $3.01 and with the coupon it is free. Are they like .89 cents? Just need another #2.12 to get to that $25.

The ad say $3 off 4-7 lbs bags of Halo, Wellness, AvoDerm, Solid Gold, and Blue. Look for coupons online like the $5 off Wellness on Woofwoofmama's blog. Or again sign up for their newsletter like Halo. Double coupons on top of sale it a hat trick of savings. Best of luck!
[notify]

Sammy

The Wizard Cat

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '12 6:57pm PST 
Sammy is eating By Nature dry food and she loves it. http://www.wag.com/cat/p/by-nature-adult-cat-formula-117395
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Mon Jun 11, '12 6:57pm PST 
We just found this one in pet food store its called Great life, it looks pretty good.
http://www.doctorsfinest.com/
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2