GO!

Lets talk about "CAT Rooms"

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 11:50am PST 
Im in the midst of making a special kitty room just for my cats to call their own. Does anyone have suggestions? Right now we have our litter box in the closet(we like our purrivicy) a drinking fountain, a lounge chair, a cradle, toy box and a three tiered cat tree our hooman brudder made us. We'd like to hear from others who have special kitty rooms to aid mom in some cute kitty ideas.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 2:42pm PST 
One of my show friends, also has a show shelter in there, for those kitties that like a fort, and she has one of those machines, that makes the different soothing sounds, for humans. Next time I talk to her, I will ask her what it is called. waveway to gohug
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 4:07pm PST 
Does the cat tree double as a scratching post? If not, they might like one or two of those. Maybe some sleeping mats or blankets in case they'd like to nap on the floor. And some more hiding places, like empty boxes or a tunnel or two. My cats just got an extra-large fleece-lined crinkle tunnel, and they each spend a lot of time there playing or napping.
[notify]

Bodrouex

all you need is- love

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 5:45pm PST 
You saw Meowma's special beds at Garden State; I have the special-est. It was supposed to be for a big dog, then I came to live here and now it's here in my bachelor pad. It's a children's wooden twin bed, but cut in half so it's a big square. It has a leopard skin print comforter and pillow but SOMETIMES when no girls are here nd no other cats might look in my window (with bird feeder outside) I use my pink quilty with teddy bears on it. I also have a 3 perch cat tree with extra deep cups, a Kitty Kube, a water fountain, etc.
Ahab is coming back for the summer but ha ha, has to stay in a cage--a great big huge walk in cage but still, he pees sometimes so can't have a good room likemine. Meowma has added on though--an extra platform, a shelf that makes a wole second floor with an 18 inch hole to go upstairs through, 2 hammocks on diffent levels, a water fountain.
Meowma also wants to add a runway up near the ceiling in the living room and hall, so the little kittens can go up the floor to ceiling sisal runner and actually go somewhere. She envisions a little train of kitties up there and thinks it would be better than most things on tv. Kujy, we think your mommy should get a swing to see if you like it.

Edited by author Tue Feb 28, '12 5:46pm PST

[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 8:44pm PST 
I don't have a cat room but these are pretty cool:

http://www.armsreach.com/pets/
It's meant for sleeping near your humans but I think it'd make a cool bunk bed for your own room too!

and
http://www.petco.com/shop/searchresults.aspx?Ntt=fantas y&x=0&y=0
[notify]

KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 5:48am PST 
wave Hi everyone, yes my cat tree is wrapped with sistal and we also have another extra big scratcher. I was thinking of making a ramp going up into the closet top shelf but with the angle it will be on it may get in the way and be steep unless we can get hooman brudder to build us some high kitty stairs. Hi Janice !wave we purchased an antique cradle on ebay cheap so we do use that as our bed and mom is mad cause we are not using it. BLAHH. We are also going to put kitty pictures on the walls and other deco, plus our rosettes we've won since 2008. So this is all being brainstorming at this time. Mom just got a cute rug too. When all is said and done I will have to make a video and show you all around our new kitty crib/pad.
And Janice if you are at GSCC show this year let me know in advance what your bringing, I may have to make a purchase.
Thank you for the suggestions my friends.

hamster dance Hi Bump, Hi Ralphie and Randy.. all my kitty friends.

Edited by author Thu Mar 1, '12 5:57am PST

[notify]

sphynx

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 11:54am PST 
I had to make a cat room out of frustrating necessity! The people who sold me these overly-sensitive burglar alarms for all over my house forgot to tell me until after they were installed that my cat would trigger them while I was at work! The police had to come to the house and said that if it happens again they would have to write me a ticket... Anyway, my cat room is my bedroom, and fortunately Sphynxie plays there most of the day anyway, but I just had to make sure there weren't any easily accessible/breakable items that Sphynx could knock over or munch on.
[notify]

KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 6:28am PST 
Hi Sphynxie wave
[notify]

sphynx

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 9:33am PST 
sphynx: "mrrrow!"
[notify]

Bishu

~Proud Princess~

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 1:48pm PST 
My parents really love making cat toys and trees for Blue and I to play on. A few of the cool ideas they've come up with for a cat room would be kitty cubby holes for us to hide in, attached to the walls. Something similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Pet-Products-Kitty-Cubbyhole/ dp/B000Y1AAUA

Only made from wood, instead of fabric. They're not certain on how they're going to go about attaching them to the walls, but they definitely want to incorporate something like this into a cat room.

Another cool idea my mom found online was for cat ladders. I love to climb, as does my adopted brother, so mom thinks a cat ladder would be great fun for me. Here's a cool link mom found:

http://www.instructables.com/id/kitty-ladder/
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3