GO!

Smelly cat acting strangely

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '12 3:47pm PST 
Today I noticed that my cat smells bad and is acting weird. In the basement I found what looks like dried up smeared yellow liquid. I figured the cat spit this up and slipped in it. He is walking slowly, pacing around and around the kitchen island, hanging out behind the sink in the bathroom, chewing shoes and putting Lego pieces in his mouth. All very unusual for this cat. He also seems uninterested in treats that he normally goes nuts for. Anyone have any idea what this could be?
[notify]

Chibi

Proud mother of- the Gang of- Four!

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '12 6:44pm PST 
Yes, it could be something serious. Anytime a cat is not acting like itself to the degree you describe, it should be taken to the vet without delay. Like, now. Good luck.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:06am PST 
Get your kitty to the vet immediately. It sounds as though they might need medical attention.
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Sun Jan 22, '12 12:05pm PST 
There are emergency hospitals for cats....Go now and don't hesitate at all. You will be kicking yourself if you wait until Monday.....
[notify]

Molecule

Spay & Neuter

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 8:07am PST 
Hope all went well for this kitty, any news please post..we're wondering!
[notify]