GO!

Furbabies are not happy with mama...

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Joey

I'm big, I'm- bad, but I am a- real mush!

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:47pm PST 
Hi there - we are displaced since the storm in CT on Saturday - holding up at my sister's with the generator - may be here for a week or more. My two cats are doing okay, we have a separate room for them and the are eating and using the litter pan appropriately - my question is more about their emotional health - does anyone have any ideas about how I can make this time less stressful for them - I brought familiar things from home, they have cookies and their beds, blankets, toys, etc. I am at work all day and they are cooped up in the room that is not their home - how can I make it up to them? Neither one is exhibiting anything that alarms me - I just want to make them more comfortable and I am kind of stuck.

Thanks!
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:54pm PST 
Maybe get them some calming collars? I'm not sure if you can get those at Petco or somewhere like that. That might help. You're a good mom to think of them and how they're doing. So sorry you all have to be put out like this. smile
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 5:32pm PST 
You know, if they don't seem upset yet, I bet they'll be fine. We were left home alone in the cold house when our people went to a hotel ( shock ) and we were not happy, but we came through just fine after all. Now we are thrilled to have our people and heat back again!

Purrs,
Shade
[notify]

Joey

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 8:20am PST 
Thank you for the suggestions - mama is just being a worrywart - I am sure they will be fine as long as they are with me - they just miss "home" - Phoebe is especially nervous as she hates going in the crate and in the car so that got her all riled up. Joey tolerates the crate and the car well - just doesn't like being out of his territory. They are very different - and insecure in different ways. I will spoil them rotten when we get home!
[notify]

Al Hirt

A Jazzy New- Orleans Kitty

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 11:27am PST 
Try leaving a piece of clothing you have worn on the bed for them, being able to smell your scent will help.

Hope you all can get home soon....we live in the greater New Orleans area, so have very little experience with snow. But we did purr and pray for all who are without power.

Take Care,
The New Orleans Kittiesbig hug%:
[notify]

Joey

Purred: Sat Nov 5, '11 1:56pm PST 
Home sweet home! Thanks everyone for your ideas - all things considered the furbabies are are okay - they are super excited to be home!
[notify]