GO!

dry pads

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Milo

Purred: Tue Oct 4, '11 1:05pm PST 
my kitty like licking and biting is own back feet nails, but also i find in the winter months his little pads get chapped and dry like your lips do as a human. Is there a way i can help out my kitty kitty
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Oct 4, '11 5:56pm PST 
There are creams and balms you can use on paws. OnlyNaturalPet.com has several kinds.
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '11 6:27am PST 
is there a product that i can buy that I would have at home already?
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Sat Oct 8, '11 12:49pm PST 
Check with your vet first but you could try a little baby oil on the pads. The cats here groom their toes too. It's quiet funny to watch it looks like they are trying to pull them out. laugh out loud But they are just sharpening them up. laugh out loud MOL all the better to scratch you withlaugh out loud Kidding. But they do like to keep them in good shape.
We use baby oil on Hedgehogs that appear sick with Mange. It helps put a coating over the skin suffocating the horrible critters (Mange that is). Hedgehogs only come out at night, mainly.laugh out loud unless they are sick and need help.frown
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Sat Oct 8, '11 12:54pm PST 
Also maybe you can change the diet to something that has a little more oils or fats in it. That might help too.shrug Often the food packets say for sensitive skin. Or to help dry /flaking coats.thinking
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Tue Oct 11, '11 11:03pm PST 
could i use olive oil to moisten their paws so it helps them a little ?
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Thu Oct 13, '11 1:11pm PST 
I just googled 'Olive Oil and Cats' and this is one of the answers
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071031093725A AoYgqI
Sounds like it's ok in small doses. But I would suggest you did a little more research as they say never trust what you read. If you are just rubbing it on their paws it sounds ok as long as they aren't licking it off as that might defeat the purrpuss.laugh out loud
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 4:47pm PST 
trust wish i could find something for his little feet.
[notify]