GO!

Kittens and raw

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Oliver

Give me food and- no one gets- hurt!

Purred: Sun Aug 14, '11 4:27pm PST 
How do you feed a kitten raw. Balanced the same as normal only feed more often like 3 times a day but what about bones can they handle bones like an adult. Chicken wings?
[notify]

Archer

You idiot...

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 5:41am PST 
I prefer cornish hean bones for kittens. The rib bones and wings on the hends are pretty perfect for really small kittens.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 9:21am PST 
Yup, you do it exactly the same. And the good news is that they seem to take to it quickly and easily. Archer is right, if the kittens are very young they may need smaller bones to get started, but it won't be long until you have little bone-eating machines!
[notify]

Olivia,- Tanner, &- Finn

The Dyna Cats!

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 12:15pm PST 
Yep, exactly the same way! Finn started on raw at four months old, and he could eat Cornish hen wings, ribs, etc. As far as portions, as much as they want as often as they want - just keep it balanced over a day or two.
[notify]

Amber

I didn't do it!

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 4:48pm PST 
It also depends on the kitten's age. Very small kittens, under six weeks, should be given their raw ground up.
[notify]

Oliver

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '11 7:33am PST 
Thank you very much. My niece found this scraggly kitten with one really ouch red eye. Burs matted in its fur. About 4 months old and apparently I fix them she told me to fix him. I can not say no so anyways he is black and white medium hair I think. Combed him out when we got home clean his icky eye. We have no "pet" food anymore. But he loves the raw and monday I brought him to the vet. He is healthy other then being really skinny and his bad eye is basically dead and the cornea bursted so it needs to be removed. I think we will do that next week as well as the neuter. Yesterday I gave him a small wing he crunched it right up he loves it!!!! I was so surprised. He is the sweetest most smartest little kitten I have ever met. He eats 5 times a day mol! But I think he feels less boney already. We named him sylvester or sylvy for short.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 4:10pm PST 
Oh Oliver, how wonderful for your mommy to take care of this little one! Yup, 5 times a day is pretty normal for a kitten - more if he wants it. You've got the diet all balanced with liver and organs, right? Let's see pictures of the cute little guy!
[notify]

Oliver

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 7:39pm PST 
Yup he gets the exact same menu as snowflake and Oliver. He eats the organs right up to. For lunch and his two night time snacks he gets my ground up raw food that I made. Loves that to. I have to take some pics of him when I get the chance. I want to make a page for him anyways.
[notify]