GO!

My wonderful Charlotte was poisoned, big rant way long, please read

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Putter

I- ammmmmmmm......D- A PUTT- MONSER!!!!

Purred: Fri Jul 29, '11 10:14pm PST 
It has taken me 2 weeks to be able to type this without falling apart but I felt I needed to just to get a few thoughts from ya'll.
About 8 months ago a few neighbors and I reported my creepy neighbor to animal control as we caught him beating his lab into the pavement, this was not the 1st time I have witnessed his animal abuse (way long story) I have seen him in action for over 10 yr, I had finally had enough. Well, our terrible animal control officer felt "sorry" for his wife and gave them all of our written complaints complete with names, addresses and phone #'s, she said that the wife "felt threatened by the complaints" (WHAT??!!)
Well between that time and now, everyone who made the complaints have recieved letters stating that we were going to be sued if we continued with the "slander", we kept it up hoping we would be a loud voice for their abused pets.
Animal control dropped the ball big time, they closed the case without even investigating as we did not have video just blurry pictures and loud audio of the guy yelling and the dog screaming. Not enough for some reason.
Since then everyone involved have found strange food in our yards such as biscuits, apples with white residue, old meat, some of our cars have been vandalized, broken into, my husbands jeep had a part taken off of it and my friends new car was broken into and torn apart, no one elses cars were messed with just the people who made the complaints.
Well 2 weeks ago, my new 3 month old kitten, Charlotte was sitting out in our kitty enclosure which has a beautiful fountain in it for the kittys to enjoy, she had been sitting on the fountain happily pawing at the water, scooping up the water and licking her foot, I was in the kitchen watching her, she was completely normal, healthy in every way. Within a few hours she was just sitting on the deck looking very strange, she vomited violently and collasped. I scooped her up and left for the Vet I work with, within a few hours she was gone. I was in complete shock. What happened.
I ordered a complete necropsy with toxicology as we were instantly suspicious of a toxin. I do not have any toxins anywhere in my yard, shed, garage or house because of my pets.
Within a week we had the complete results, antifreeze!!! I had my thoughts about the fountain instantly and sure enough, it had antifreeze in it. OMG!!!
I know in my heart that it is my neighbor, he said he would make sure "it hurt" and my pets are the way to definately get to me. Another neighbors cat also passed away unexpectly, now her older dog is sick.
The other thing now that makes complete sense is that my other cat, Putter, who was diabetic went into acute, complete kidney failure overnight in March. My Vet thinks that it had nothing to do with his diabetes as he was doing great with his numbers and his kidney values were WNL right before that.
And to top it all off, my dog, just had a huge bout with pancreatitis (never had any problems) which led us to do an ultrasound discovering a growth on his spleen, he had emergency surgery that day. Now that we put 2 and 2 together, there was no reason for his pancreatitis which led to his spleen problem. We discussed it today with his personal Vet and he also thinks something was in our yard that led to his problem.
We now have video cameras and signs up surveying our entire property. I cannot believe we have come to this but I will do anything to protect my pets.
I cannot let this continue ruin my home, I am never this negative and not a vengeful person but I want his butt on a skewer. He needs to be caught!
Thanks for reading my long story, any thoughts on how to proceed with this? Anyone out there ever have a problem like this?
Charlotte was only 3 months old, she now has beautiful angel wings.little angel

Edited by moderator Sat Jul 30, '11 10:57pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 1:33am PST 
OMC!! I feel so sorry for you and poor Charlotte ((((HUGS))))

I hope that you have reported this to your aspca, our rspca would have sorted it when the dog was reported not left it, and they wouldn't have given out names either.

Good luck with it, please keep us posted.xx
[notify]

Penny

Cat about town.

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 2:47am PST 
First I would bring ANY documents and or witnesses to threats you have and find a court clerk (civil) to take your witnesses statements. Log these threats and the records of the necropsies and tests you have done on your animals. IMMEDIATELY make a police report, about the cars and vandalism and everything you possibly can.

Proceed with the alarms and cameras I suggest you don't make it obvious what you are doing.

I hope this monster gets nailed to the wall.

Animals now, people later. That's how these psychos work.

Edited by moderator Sat Jul 30, '11 10:58pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 4:26am PST 
Good advice from other posters. Are there any rescue groups in your area?? If so, advise them also of what is going on - the more people who hear about it the better.

And, do any of your local TV staions have an "Action Reporter"? Someone who could bring this to the attention of the entire metro area you live in. If you could get it on TV, I KNOW every animal lover within reception area of that station would be up in arms. Write a letter to your local newspaper also.

Our most sincere sympathy on the loss of your precious kitten, and hope your dog recovers. Please keep us posted, we hope this piece of ---- gets what is coming to him.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Sophie

2cute4words

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 6:25am PST 
I am so sorry for you, your dog who is having so much trouble, and your precious Charlotte who ended up paying the price for the irresponsible animal control in your area! Unfortunately those types of people live among us! Like someone else said, animals now, people later! I would continue with what you are doing till something is finally done to this heartless individual. We are the only voice for the suffering animals and they depend on us to do something about it. I commend you for your efforts even through your loss, and hope that one day soon, you will get the justice that you and your neighbors deserve! applause
[notify]

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 11:14am PST 
I am so sorry you're having to deal with this.

If you and your neighbors haven't already called the police for the vandalism, etc., you all need to start doing it asap. And personally, I'd like to go after the (censored) who gave out the addresses, etc. At the very least, that organization needs to be reported to their upper management or some other authorities, including the police. But the bottom line is, you need to get the police involved. Without documentation, there's not much that can be done to get this to stop.

Another suggestion, get statements from your vet in writing about what happened/is happening with your pets, including their condition before the problems began appearing. Your neighbors should do the same.

Bottom line: Everything needs to be documented, and you and your neighbors need to get the police involved. NOW.

We're purring for you. hughughug
[notify]

Jackson - 9/2007-5/201- 1

Missed so much

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 2:30pm PST 
How horrible for you!! After I read your story, I had to step away from my computer for a minute, this is so disturbing and such a horrible situation for you. Yes, please get the police involved immediately. The suggestion to get local media involved is also very good. My husband works for a TV station and sadly, has to cover way too many animal abuse stories. Getting the animal-loving public behind you will definitely help. The animal control worker that released your information should be fired! Maybe you and your neighbors can pool together and offer a reward for information, many times these monsters brag to someone about what they've done. I hope his poor dog gets taken away from him.

I am so, so sorry you are going through this. Nothing can bring back your kitties or take away what has happened to your dog, but I'm praying you find justice for them. Best of luck and please keep us posted.
hug
[notify]

Blade- (2000-2010)

BE RESPONSIBLE,- SPAY AND NEUTER!

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 4:25pm PST 
Surely what the animal control officer did, in giving the people the details of those who had made the complaints, was against the policies of the animal control department?? It sounds like misconduct to me. Have you made complaints against that officer? That all seems very unprofessional and wrong! I would definitely be seeking legal advice on what he did for a start!
I agree with what other posters said about going to the police and media.

So sorry what happened to your pets...if it were me, I can't put what I would do on here, because it would definitely not be in accordance with the law. Sometimes you have to deal with these these people in the only way they understand...
[notify]

Bella My- Beautiful- Angel

Mommys Kitty- Girl! I know- I\'m loved!

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 5:16pm PST 
You may have some recourse. I don't know where you live, but I would encourage you to contact The Humane Society of the United States. Please speak with their legal division. I am not sure if they will be able to help, but they will definately be able to point you in the right direction.
Also, if there is evidence of poison, it's absolutely important you contact the office of environmental protection. You see, it's illegal in most place to put poison of any sort out without a warning, and in some places not even with a warning because it gets into the ground water and can contaminate it.
Your neighbor sounds like a very sick man. Have you contacted local news media and played the audio for them?
The woman who hosed down my Bella, and the excuse for a man she lived with threatened to 'poison' the animals. In most states, there are clear rules that you can't put down any sort of poison unless you are a licensed exterminator, and anything toxic put down they could be fined for.
Shame on that Animal Control officer! In some places, (thank goodness, not NYC) these folks are not given any training, don't even have to like animals, and their job is probably county appointed and sort of not well defined.
Please, also contact Best Friends Animal Society, and ask for advice from them.

Our hearts are with you here.

I am so so sorry, and indeed, we believe firmly here in Cat Magick....
there is always justice...but if we can help it along, lets.

Hugs and good energy to you...
Deb, James and the KG cats.
[notify]

Bella My- Beautiful- Angel

Mommys Kitty- Girl! I know- I\'m loved!

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 5:19pm PST 
Just read that it was anti freeze..you may still have grounds....because it could not be explained to be in the water of the fountain. That would mean he was on your property...and that to me is scary.
We're purring up a storm for you here.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3