GO!

Scared to Leave Cat Home with Mean Roommate

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Janelle bcgc

KITTY KITTY MEOW- MOW

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 11:55am PST 
I live with my boyfriend and his friend. His friend likes to fight with my cat, he likes to "show his dominance" to the cat by locking her in his room when no one is home, or locking her in closets so that I have to come home to a meowing cat behind a locked door. My boyfriend doesn't think this is a big deal, but I do. He is always picking her up when she doesn't want to and she is scared of him. I don't know if I am safe leaving her home when my boyfriend and I are gone for a few days. My boyfriend says that I have nothing to worry about, but locking a cat in a room with no food, light, water, or litter box is not nice.
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 12:17pm PST 
Personally if I thought he would do that I wouldn't leave her under any circumstances. I would hate to think any of my cats were treated like that. Can't you get him to find another flat or whatever??

Oh and by the way, I gave Ginge and Patch up to a friend, I fetched Patch back after a day and a half, and Ginge after 3 months. I didn't think they were being looked after as Patch hadn't eaten all the time he was there and thats bad for any cat. My cats come firs, but thats me.

Edited by author Wed Jul 27, '11 12:21pm PST

[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 1:39pm PST 
Find someone who will love and keep your cat safe while you are gone. Sounds like it not your boyfriend.

I'll say it. Shame on your boyfriend for putting up with the roommates behavior.
[notify]

Nellie

cause thats what- i am a princess

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 3:25pm PST 
personally if it was me i would kicked the bf and his friend out a long time ago.
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 5:00pm PST 
try and find a petsmart hotel near you where you can leave your cat while you are gone. its about $16 a day and they must be up to date on thier shots buts its well worth it in this case.

Also you can contact the local aspca and see if there is anything they can do such as legally cite him a cease and desist order. They may have other suggestions as well. He needs to know that this behavior is NOT ok.

Please keep ups posted we want to know your cat is OK.
[notify]

Lottie Ua- Cellaigh

Trust no one

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 6:54pm PST 
I thinks you need a new boyfriend. If he cares for you, he will care about what is important to you - your sweet kitty. His friend is a jerk.
[notify]

Bella My- Beautiful- Angel

Mommys Kitty- Girl! I know- I\'m loved!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 6:57pm PST 
This is Bellas mom:

Young lady, if any human did that to any of my cats he would be picking himself after about 2 days from the hard concrete sidewalk 2 miles away. And then he would have to start running before my husband came and finished the job.

This is animal abuse. Stupid stuff a mean person would do to a helpless creature.

You need to stick up for her. I wouldn't live with him, or with boyfriend, for that matter, if he thinks it's 'no big deal'. (It is, the poor animal has done nothing to deserve being tormented.)

I would 1) Move out.
2) I would ABSOLUTELY NOT LEAVE MY CAT WITH THIS PERSON AT ALL!
3) I would definately find another boyfriend/room-mate or living situation. This won't change-and your cat could wind up being hurt.

I don't think this is funny. I think it's sick and really stupid and pathetic. You need to get yourself and your kitty outta there, ASAP.I would not go away and leave her there for sure.
[notify]

Penny

Cat about town.

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 8:16pm PST 
Penny's Mom: Oh darling where do you live?! Do you have other friends around? Maybe they can watch your baby?

I'd leave a man who let that happen to my cat. Quickly and without remorse. He OBVIOUSLY wont stand up to protect your cat, would he do the same for you?

Your mean roommate, when is he going to start "showing his dominance" over you? Are you going to be the one he locks in a closet next?

That may sound silly, but abusive people, start on animals first.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 1:32am PST 
I agree with AnnaBelle that you should look into boarding Janelle while you're away....

...and with everyone that you need to change your living situation as soon as possible. You shouldn't be living with someone who abuses your kitty. When you adopted Janelle, you made a commitment to provide her with a safe home, and it's clear that the current situation isn't safe for her, and likely not for you, either. People like your roommate will just as easily abuse you. If your boyfriend won't stand up to his friend for you and Janelle, then it's up to you to stand up to them both and leave.

Sending purrs for you both. hug

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 6:35am PST 
Agree with what the other posters said. This creep "showing dominace" over a little cat???? And your boyfriend "sees nothing wrong??"....you need to board your cat somewhere else. And take a good, hard LONG look at your boyfriend. Why is he allowing this creep to abuse your cat, which you certainly care about? How much can he care about you? What is the creep tried to "dominate" you?? Would your boyfriend step in and stop him. It is true, abusers usually start with animals and go on to humans.

This is a TOXIC situation, I speak to you now as if you were my dauther (since I am certainly old enought to have a grown daughter)....try and get away from these two. They are a bad situation waiting to happen.

Keep us posted.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2