GO!

I pee standing up occasionally -problem lip

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Frankie

Purred: Fri Feb 11, '11 12:35pm PST 
I just started peeing standing up on occasion and mommy just saw that my upper lip is also a tiny bit swollen but no redness just puffy. Mommy is keeping an eye on it for a bit before calling the vet. can anyone give her some advice on but situations? THere is no stress in the house but we do have a total of 5 kitties my appetite is good and I poop fine too

ANy advice for mommy would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Frankie........ The peeier MOL
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Fri Feb 11, '11 1:19pm PST 
What do you feed?

Have you recently changed cat litter?

How do you increase his water intake, to keep him flushed out?

wave way to go big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Lexi

Purred: Fri Feb 11, '11 1:45pm PST 
recently my two year old, lexi, started peeing standing up. not too long after we noticed this, she became blocked up and it turned into a weekend stay at the er vet. make sure the kitty is getting enough water. i think the standing up to pee may be a sign that he is straining a bit. try canned food with water mixed in to make it a bit soupy twice a day...if anything is irritating the bladder, increasing the water intake will help flush it out.
[notify]

Frankie

Purred: Fri Feb 11, '11 1:59pm PST 
I actually do get alot of fluids in my food and I drink every day. Mommy watchs all of us like hawks! She always knows if some is not right.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Fri Feb 11, '11 2:01pm PST 
Do you feed a grain free feed?

Wet or Dry?

big grin
[notify]

Frankie

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 7:25am PST 
I have been feeding him the same stuff (fancy feast wet and dry) and SD kibbles for the last two yrs so I dont think its the foods - I think I'll just have to get higher litter boxes (causer the litter is the same too)
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 7:51am PST 
If SD is Science Diet, then there is your culprit. Been thru this twice with Prowler, so I know. Grains, are one of many causes, of crystals. Science Diet is chuck full of grains and by products. I now feed Blue Wilderness, its by Blue Buffalo, grain free, no more crystals, and now Bump has no more tummy issues. smile
[notify]

chippy

All bow down to- Queen Chippy

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 3:57pm PST 
i do that when the litter is dirty or the box needs a good cleaning. as soon as mom does this, i squat to pee smile
[notify]