GO!

High quality dry food that's small pieces

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Louie- (1996-2013)

The love sponge!-

Purred: Mon Jan 10, '11 3:55pm PST 
My boyfriend is taking care of his parent's cat while they're out of town, and she's had some dental work done recently and seems to be struggling chewing dry food, so the vet recommended he find some food that has smaller pieces. She does eat wet food, but it's rare, so he wants a high quality dry, but doesn't want to buy 10 various bags looking for small kibble that she'll eat.

Any suggestions on a good quality, but not super expensive, uber tasty, small pieced kibble?
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Mon Jan 10, '11 4:04pm PST 
Blue Wildness chicken, in the blue bag, its by Blue Buffalo, you can get it at Petsmart or Petco, 6 lb bag is
$18.99, sometimes on sale for $15.99 and it lasts me 2 weeks. It is a quality grain free feed. The crunchies are very small, and, if she won't eat it, you can bring the bag back, with the receipt. Here is the link.
I know the pictures of the cruchies look big, but they are not, they are very small. big grin

http://bluebuffalo.com/products/cats/wilderness-cat-dry.shtml
[notify]

Mischievous- Bandit- "Misty"

What can I get- into now?

Purred: Tue Jan 11, '11 2:30pm PST 
Be warned she will probably like it so much that she will tear open the bag to get to it. Thats what I did! red face Last summer we switched from what at the time we thought was good food to Blue Buffalo's Spa dry food and I tore open that bag too. But the Blue Spa is *not grain free* so we are working on switching to the Blue Wilderness chicken that Bump mentioned. We just have so much of the spa left it will be a while. MOL. But we love it. Both AnnaBelle and I absolutely love it.

We get grain free wet in the morning for breakfast and get our Blue at night for dinner. At least half our calories come from the wet food. If you can, try and offer some quality wet food - either the blue wilderness, wellness grain free, by nature grain free...or one of the other myriad of grain free good wet foods. But the Blue Wilderness is a great tiny kibble that is grain free and soo sooo yummy.

I cant wait till they buy another bag so I can rip it open too! MOL big laugh
[notify]

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

I have a new- sister named- Caroline!

Purred: Tue Jan 11, '11 5:20pm PST 
I agree. Something by Blue Buffalo preferably the from the grain free Wilderness line.
[notify]

Mordred,PAWS

No Not-Moms!!!!

Purred: Wed Jan 12, '11 5:48am PST 
Well, "super expensive" and "small pieced" are both relative. For us, $16 for a 6-lb bag *is* super expensive; Mom couldn't even *consider* that for the three of us. However, Taste of the Wild is grain free, and we think the pieces are small: about 1/4 inch around (they're round shaped)and about 1/8 inch thick. A 6-lb bag sells, usually, for $9.99, much more reasonable. Mom buys the 15-lb bag for $22.98 (plus tax), and that lasts the three of us for a month.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Wed Jan 12, '11 8:27am PST 
Mom gets me Orijen. Grain free, high protein, and teeny tiny kibbles. Looks likes triangles. Pretty good stuff, I love it!
[notify]

Jett

Lazy bones.

Purred: Wed Jan 12, '11 10:11am PST 
Just wanted to mention, that I was given a sample of the Fromm 4 star cat food to try, and the pieces are ultra tiny. Even smaller than the BB Wilderness (which is what they were on prior to getting a new bag). VERY very small kibbles!
[notify]

Nellie

yummyyummy i got- fancy feast in- my tummy

Purred: Wed Jan 12, '11 10:37am PST 
i eat natures varitey instincts dry food the chicken one. mom noticed it has small pieces. u can try that one.
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Wed Jan 12, '11 3:43pm PST 
100 calories of the Blue Wilderness is about 4 tablespooons of dry food. Both Misty and I get ~ 200 Calories a day, half wet, half dry. So we will be eating about 4 tablespoons of the Blue wilderness each a night for dinner. This will last us practically forever.
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:35am PST 
Mom just started us on Before Grain chicken dry about two weeks ago. We all love it!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2