GO!

My Mommy, Quit Smoking, TODAY

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 9:08am PST 
My mommy has been wanting to quit smoking for awhile now, we doesn't like the second hand smokeys, and we is very proudy of hers, she just put out her last cigarette, and with the help of her very goody kitty friends on here, she is going to make it. way to go

She tooks the first step, in not running out, and getting another packy, we is proudy of hers, and I ask-ed hers, if I could puts up a posty, to tell all the other kitties, cause this affects our healthy too, which is why I wants to put it up heres. applause

I doesn't know how to writes very well, I is just a little kitten, mol, so Bump had to helpy me and Cruiser writes this. wave

We is so very proudy of our mommy, we loves her, and we is gladdy, she is doing this, for us. cheer

your little pals
Cowboy and Cruiser
[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 9:18am PST 
Meowma says to tell her she can do it; she has been quit aboiut 17 years now--smoked for 23 years. The first week is bad, 2nd not as much, the most thing after that is to keep busy with your hands...petting kitties maybe! She also says WATCH OUT because from now on, even after all the nicotine is out of her system and you've been quit even for years, the cigarette demon will pop up at the oddest times and say you can smoke just one, it comes to Meowma now and then still, but she expects it and says, "NO, I CANT!" It's not often, but it does happen.
Yay for your mommy.And now you won't have to smell like stinky smoke anymore, either!
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 9:25am PST 
Concats Cowboy's momma! We're so proud of you! way to go
[notify]

TIA SYDIBIL

STILL WATERS RUN- DEEP

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 9:46am PST 
Hey Cowboy and Cruiser,

Mom was a 3-pack a day smoker (for 5 years) when her doctor told her she had to get a new doctor. He said she was killing herself and he didn't do assisted suicides and she would die a horrible death if she kept on. (Talk about tough love.)

Mom quit that day. You have to understand that this was in 1964 and there was nothing to make it easier. She actually had a new carton of cigs in the car and gave them to a guy who was walking down the street smoking.

She's never had a cigarette in 46 years, so it can be done.

Give your mom extra hugs and loving and ignore her if she gets testy.

laugh out loud
[notify]

Macy

Super- freakey----MEOW!

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 11:19am PST 
YAY! Good for you!

Macy and Sonny are happy that mom has set her quit date too, its not good for us or for Dad that had a heart attack two years ago.....maybe we can all get together and help our moms through it! cheercheer
[notify]

Sammy

The Red Rocker

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 12:20pm PST 
High paws to your Mommy for quitting, it is never too late to stop smoking! way to go
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 12:24pm PST 
Good for our mommy!!!! Ours has never smoked, but knows from what friends have said it is difficult to quit. However, it is MUCH worse to have her become ill with the respiratory diseases, etc. that smoking can cause.

Tell your mommy you all need her, and love her, and all her furriends here on CATSTER love her as well. We send MASSIVE amounts of positive purrs for her to give up smoking.

The New Orleans Kitties

P.S. Check our new little sisfur.......wave
[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 1:15pm PST 
Way to go! Keep up the good work on the quitting. way to go
Our human's mother (not our person but her mom) quit smoking last year and it was very hard for her but it is so good for her health and the health of everyone around her and we are so proud of her for quitting! She used Chantix, she tried to quit many times before but this time she was able to truly quit for good.
dancing
[notify]

Angel Sandy

Always an Angel

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 2:16pm PST 
That's a great New Year's Resolution for your Mommy! It's also good for you too, secondhand smoke is bad for us kitties.
Stand (or lay) by her at all times! If she feels like grabbing a cigarette, sit on both her hands! laugh out loud
[notify]

The Thompson- Zoo

Whatever it- is....we didn't- do it!

Purred: Wed Dec 29, '10 3:30pm PST 
Yay! You can do it! I have heard that cinnamon helps when you have cravings, i.e cinnamon discs to suck on, cinnamon gum, tic tacs etc.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3