GO!

kitty wet food controversy!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Blue Ecko- Moon

gimme food

Purred: Wed Dec 15, '10 4:53pm PST 
I appreciate those of you who reminded me that kitties can't have fish every day.. Id like to hear more on the subject. I will post the ingredients of eckos current food. If we HAVE to then we will switch to before grain instead.
Bestfriendsfoods.com
Tuna & Chicken Chuckles Recipe (in Aspic)
Ingredients: Tuna, Water Sufficient For Processing Balance, Chicken, Sunflower Seed Oil, Locust Bean, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Tricalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K), Vitamin B12 Supplement.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 12.0%, Crude Fat (min) 2.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 0.2%, Moisture (max) 83.0%, Ash (max) 2.0%, Taurine (min) 0.05%, Calcium (max) 0.25%, Phosphorus (max) 0.20%, Magnesium (max) 0.13%
[notify]

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Thu Dec 16, '10 11:49am PST 
I love BFF but my mowmy only lets me have it as a special treat--maybe once a month or once every few weeks. It's always the tuna/chicken combo. But apparently tuna is not so great for kitties plus there is the problem that a lot of tuna means a lot of mercury. I think its a bit unfair when tuna is so tasty--my mowmy says it's the same with her and chocolate!
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Thu Dec 16, '10 12:15pm PST 
Here are some of the reasons why Tuna is not good for cats all the time.
Makes for a picky cat ( cats need a variety in diet)
-Contains Mercury
-high in mineral salts (this is what is bad for the cats urine)
-high in polyunsaturated fats, which cats cannot metabolize.
-Tuna in vegie oil depletes vitamin E from the cat.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Thu Dec 16, '10 3:14pm PST 
I think Shadow said it very well, in a nutshell. big grin

If you look at your ingredients, tuna is the first ingredient listed, that means, its mostly tuna. big grin
[notify]

Blue Ecko- Moon

gimme food

Purred: Sat Dec 18, '10 8:49pm PST 
Thanx yall, will start the switch ASAP.
[notify]