GO!

Vacuuming Cat Hair

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:32pm PST 
I have so much cat hair around my house that it killed my last vacuum. Can somebody recommend a good vacuum that will pick up cat hair well and not die on me? With so many cats I have to have something that will survive for at least a few years. And I mean A LOT of cat hair! Is there a special vacuum made for pet hair or a really strong suction vacuum that could handle a lot of hair? The last vacuum I bought was $200 and only lasted 2 months! I can't spend that kind of money on a vacuum every two months.
[notify]

Calie- Dreamette- #17

calico girl girl

Purred: Fri Dec 10, '10 9:39pm PST 
Hi
Mom uses the bison Pet vac and it works well for her there are five of use kitties and always a lot if hair in the vacum it was only a little over $100. WE have heard the dyson pet vac is better but really expensive.
[notify]

Captain

I'm a biter....

Purred: Sat Dec 11, '10 9:06am PST 
Hi,
Mom has a Dyson Animal and loves it. There are 4 of us here and we shed A LOT! She says it's the best she's ever used for pet hair. We've had it about 2 years now and it's never lost suction....It was a bit pricy, about 400 but worth every penny.. way to go
[notify]