GO!

urinating in certain places

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

phantom

Purred: Sun Nov 21, '10 8:35pm PST 
For the past 3 years my cat has been urinating in certain places. She doesn't do it often but when she does she usually goes on the dining room table. Earlier tonight I came out of my parent's room and she immediately jumped off the desk but not even a half hour later she jumped back on and started to pee and I grabbed her and put her out onto the porch. She's an indoor/outdoor cat but she prefers to be in (my father wants the cats to stay outside most of the time) so I feel awful about making her be out there. I clean the litter box regularly and use unscented litter. I just don't know how to make her stop. Please help!
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 1:15am PST 
Firstly you need to take your cat to the Vet and make sure that Phantom does not have a urinary infection. Also go and buy some stuff from the pet store called Natures Miracle spray, it is special spray that will help clean the odor. Cats will tend to go back and pee in the same place if you do not totally clean it. Soap will not do it.
[notify]

Arthur

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 12:26pm PST 
You might also try spraying No Mark (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752874) once you've cleaned the areas with Nature's Miracle or another enzymatic cleaner. My Mom has had good luck using this to let Priscilla know she shouldn't pee in certain places.
[notify]

phantom

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 9:48pm PST 
Thank you both very much for the advice and I will give this a try.
[notify]