GO!

Our strange Visitor

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Tigger

Speedy

Purred: Wed Oct 20, '10 2:29pm PST 
There is a cat that come to my house again and of course my daughter started feeding it. We have asked around and no one claims it. It bothers me because I have never seen a cat that will eat so much. I thought surely I could get it full enough and it wouldn't have to eat so much at a time, but it's always hungry and it's been a few weeks now.I am beginning to think it may be physically sick and maybe seriously so. I don't keep it during the day, just night time. My son has a dog next door that it is afraid of it, and my cat Tigger trys to fight it. So I put it outside every morning about daylight and it don't come back til that night right after dark. I don't know where it goes during the day or why it comes back at night I just know it does. I am going to try to get it to the vet this very week.I would appreciate anyone's advice very much. Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a cat? Thank-you little angel
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Wed Oct 20, '10 3:31pm PST 
Since it's a feral kitty, it could be almost anything. Ringworm, diabetes, pancreatitis, hypothyroidism. Gotta bring it to the vet like you said. That's the only way to tell. But something must be going on or it's one heck of an active cat!
[notify]

Baby Cali

I made it in.

Purred: Tue Jan 4, '11 7:26pm PST 
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I just wanted you to know I did take it to the vet as promised. But first of all I called the vet and was advised to put a collar on it when it left and to leave my name and phone number on it, and I did that also.I never got an answer but it kept coming back.It left me no choice but to keep it and for some reason it don't leave my home no more. I think it has been mistreated or was uncared for. The vet didn't know what else for me to do, but I did keep it and now its doing fine. It,s a normal finicky eater now and full of curosity.I am not a catnapper, just feel sorry for anything or anybody that is having a rough time
[notify]