GO!

I had to go to the bridge

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Teddy- McLovin-My- Angel

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 4:35pm PST 
Mommy helped me to the bridge today. It was very hard for her but it was harder for her to watch me get so sick so fast. I hadn't been feeling well for about a week. I had a lot of health problems that mommy nursed me through since she took me in as a foster a year and a half ago. But recently my auto immune system started acting up. My gums got inflamed even though my teeth were good and the vet told mommy that I was allergic to my own tooth enamel. Mom upped my allergic medicine dosage and that helped for a while. But they seemed to be bothering me again last week. Back to the vet and more allergy meds. Then I stopped eating my normal portions. Anyone who knows me knows that I love my food so mom was pretty concerned. Back to the vet. She took blood and gave me an antibiotic shot 'cause she could see I didn't feel well and thought I had a little bug.

While we were waiting for the antibiotic to start working I started eating less and less and looking more and more uncomfortable. Mom was tireless in making me special things to eat each day so I always had something in my tummy but I was barely interested. We went back to the vet on Friday because by then the antibiotic should have been making me feel better. The vet took an xray and took mom into a quiet room to tell her some bad news. There was fluid in my abdominal cavity. The vet thought I might have cancer so she wanted to draw some fluid to send to the lab. But when she did, we got even more bad news. The vet said that the color and texture of the fluid told her I had FIP. She was sending it to the lab, but as some of you know, since there's no definitive FIP test, it probably wouldn't tell us much.

The vet told mom to take me home and keep an eye on me but I think mom knew I was mostly coming home to say goodbye. I had some pain meds but I was obviously uncomfortable. I've always been on a special diet because of my allergies but last night mom opened a can of Fancy Feast for me. My eyes got real big and I dove right in. That gave mom some hope that maybe the vet was wrong.

But I didn't sleep well last night. I was in bed with mom but I didn't want to snuggle like I usually do, and I was kind of hunched like I was in pain all night even though mom gave me medicine. That look continued into the morning - I didn't want to walk around and I even moved away from all the food mom brought in to try to tempt me. When I stopped purring when mom rubbed my head and my eyes looked bad mom called the vet again.

Although FIP is very difficult to diagnose, the vet said that I had so many symptoms that there was just no doubt. Mom couldn't bear to watch me in pain anymore so she brought me in and held me in her arms while I went to the bridge.

I know it was very hard for mommy but she said I was such a good kitty and brought so much joy to her life that the least she could do was make sure I didn't suffer long. My illness was so unexpected and so fast that she's still in shock. But I know that my friends Bill, Alex, Felix, Ava Corrine, Misha and so many more are waiting for me at the bridge with open arms. And I have a feeling there's a whole lot of Fancy Feast up there too!

Besides mom, I'm going to miss my brother BK the most. He and I were best friends since the day I arrived at his house. I think he may have a hard time this week and I know mom's worried that he may get sick too. I know I'll be ok, but I'd love if my furfriends sent some extra purrs to mom and BK this week. Living with them was where I was meant to be and although I'm sad to go, I had an amazing life.
[notify]

♥Simo- n♥

Mommy's baby- kitty

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 4:50pm PST 
We are so very sad to hear this news! I know your mom took extra good care of you through all of your health problems and gave you a wonderful life filled with unconditional love. May you fly free from pain and watch over your family. We pray that all the wonderful memories comfort your mom in times of sadness! You will always be loved and never forgotten!

Hugs and purrs,
Simon & Reuben(an angel)
little angellittle angellittle angellittle angellittle angel
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 5:06pm PST 
We love you Teddy! We'll miss you sweet boy and we promise to all take very good care of BK and your momma. We know how hard it is and it's just not fair. You're a special little boy and will always be remembered for your strength and courage.hug
[notify]

Miss Mittens- - Angel DG #14

Angel Diva

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 5:51pm PST 
Teddy, you will be very happy here at the Bridge. I was with Alex and all the other angels when you arrived at the Bridge and can tell your mommy that you are no longer suffering and the angels are taking very good care of you. And there's a Fancy Feast All You Can Eat buffet waiting for you -- just help yourself!

My sister Kaci missed me when I left for the Bridge and got sad and depressed. If your mommy needs help with BK, please let me know.

My family and I are very sorry for your loss and send your mommy hugs and lots of purrs. We'll be purring for BK too.hug

little angel
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 7:16pm PST 
We are just so sad to hear this news cry

We are sending thoughts and comforting purrs out to you and your family. FIP is such a horrible disease...

xoxoxo
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 7:59pm PST 
*tears* Oh, Teddy, I'm so sorry to hear that you made your journey to the bridge. Sending purrs of comfort to your loving, amazing mom.

hug hug hug
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 8:35pm PST 
I welcomed Teddy with open arms....I gave him kisses and squishes...he feels better now and he talks so much about how much he loved his mommy....he made me giggle when he reminded me about when we became friends before I was an Angel and how he gave me advice on how to wear a baby T-shirt with grace! I promise to take care of him...Love, Ava
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sat Oct 9, '10 11:10pm PST 
I am so sad right now, you did so much for Teddy, and love you for doing this. Give BK a hug and kiss for me we are purring for you and BK
hug
[notify]

♥Riley♥

Pretty Boy

Purred: Sun Oct 10, '10 8:15am PST 
We are sad to hear Teddy had to go to the Bridge. He is much happier now with no more pain. He will always be loved and missed.
We send purrs and prayers to his mommy.
Rest in Peace Teddy.

Hugs & Purrs,
Riley

little angel hug
[notify]

Nonny - DG # 10

Pickle

Purred: Sun Oct 10, '10 8:21am PST 
Our family is sending condolences on your loss.

Hugs
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2