GO!

Worried about my Zoe

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Zoe

Her Highness

Purred: Fri Aug 13, '10 11:24pm PST 
I just joined Catster a little while ago after I got a terminal diagnosis for Zoe and was in need of companionship. My Zoe baby has been sick for several months. I took her to the vet yesterday and they were actually quite surprised she was still alive and in alright condition. Today I've been watching her like mad and worrying. I have noticed she seems to be having trouble laying certain ways. Is there any way to tell if she's hurting?
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Sat Aug 14, '10 6:00pm PST 
She probably is experiencing some amount of pain so that's the reason she's moving around. Has the vet given you anything for Zoe's pain? Some vets seem to be less enthusiastic about giving pain meds and so you may have to bring up the subject and/or be more insistant about it.

When a cat stops eating, along with hiding in the closet, basement or dark places, you can assume she is experiencing a good amount of pain.

Sending purr prayers to Zoe and you.

Purrs and Love,
Athena, Apollo and Aragorn
hughughughug

Amber

Purred: Sun Aug 15, '10 2:19pm PST 
Sending Purrs and love to both of you
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun Aug 15, '10 3:55pm PST 
What exactly is her terminal condition? Is it cancer? I would also ask about pain meds but make sure it's something like Buprenex and not Metacam. Buprenex is safer.
[notify]

Zoe

Her Highness

Purred: Tue Aug 17, '10 1:46pm PST 
Zoe has lymphoma. I hadn't thought to ask the vet if she was in pain because I didn't know if she was or not. I just noticed that instead of laying on her side or her stomach, she'll only lay sitting, with her paws in front of her and head up.
[notify]