GO!

Belle may be going to the bridge tomorrow

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Belle - Rest In- Peace

Chasing mice in- heaven

Purred: Wed Jul 28, '10 8:13pm PST 
Pray for Belle, she is very sick. She had pancreatitis two months ago which has turned into nonregenerative anemia. She is very lethargic; despite treatment, she has been getting progressively weaker. Only a few months ago she was a lively, playful, spunky cat. The vets are going to give her an assessment tomorrow but it may be for the last time. They are not optimistic (she has been to two separate offices).

The tragedy is that she is my boyfriend's mother's cat. His father/her husband passed away in March from leukemia less than 2 months after diagnosis. To be losing Belle now is simply heartbreaking. She is barely 2 years old and was meant to spend many golden years with his mother. Fingers crossed, but it is very sad.

Please let us know if you know of any way that nonregenerative anemia can be treated. She has had a blood transfusion, the doctors fear that she will become dependent on them and only continue to get weaker. She does not have any kidney problems or feline leukemia or feline AIDS.

crycrycry
[notify]

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Winks, to the- ladies, Iz still- got it

Purred: Wed Jul 28, '10 10:06pm PST 
We only know how to purr. We'll put her on our purr list. Please get better Belle, you have so much more to do. Many purrs from New Zealand
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 5:23am PST 
Purring very hard for Belle

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 7:21am PST 
I found a place called Tanya's Place. It is where cats have difficulty with renal disease. I found something that may interest you. Here it is:
If your cat has PCV below 20%, the anaemia is a more urgent problem and you need to act quickly. However, you will probably be considering the use of Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents (ESAs) (Epogen, Aranesp etc), which only work for non-regenerative anaemia; and in view of the risks associated with this treatment, you might wish to have the reticulocyte test done to be sure you really are dealing with non-regenerative anaemia.

Having said that, my vet felt it was more important that we start treating Thomas as quickly as possible, so we began using an ESA immediately rather than wait several days or more for the results of a reticulocyte test.

It looks like something that you may want to consider before giving wings to Belle. Most cats who have this have kidney problems. Please check it out....

Sharon- owned by Natasha and Alex...
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 8:16am PST 
Hi Belle, I lost my Alex to a pancreatic infection that happened within hours! She had Triaditis, (IBD, fatty liver and pancreatitis). Pancreatitis is the most difficult condition to treat as it's so unpredictable. I'm so sorry about what's happening. I don't know much at all about the anemia part but offer you my sympathy, support and love! cry
[notify]

Belle - Rest In- Peace

Chasing mice in- heaven

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 9:57am PST 
Belle passed away naturally last night around midnight, the night before the appointment. My boyfriend was with her the whole evening including when she passed. He is understandably devastated. She was far too young. My sympathies to any other kitties that have had to go through similar illnesses or any illness for that matter.

I suppose that the rest of this topic belongs in the memorial section now. The only positive side is that another kitty in need of a rescue will find a new home soon.

crycrycry little angel crycrycry
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 9:59am PST 
I am SOOOOO very sorry to hear this. I too witnessed Alex's passing. She died in the carrier on the way to the ER. It traumatized me and I completely understand how upset he is. Please convey my deepest sympathies and tell him that there is no greater love than the pure and unconditional love we have and get from our furbabies. They are a blessing.cry
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 11:17am PST 
We were so sorry to read about Belle's passing. And we noticed the comment that another cat will be rescued.....YAY!!! cheercheer

Sending soft paw pats, purrs and prayers,

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Belle - Rest In- Peace

Chasing mice in- heaven

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 11:18am PST 
Yes, it is very traumatic Alex. I watched it happen with a cat of mine named Tuxedo when I was a teen. My mom was coming home to take him to the vet and he died before she arrived. It was incredibly traumatic. No less traumatic though when I lost a cat that I had for 18 years, while I was away at college (and did not find out until I came home from college).

I suppose that the value of our pets is not in how long they live but in how deeply we love and remember them.

little angel
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Jul 29, '10 11:40am PST 
It really is, and they give us so much love and devotion in return. I second the motion also that it's wonderful to hear that another kitty will be rescued. I didn't want anymore after Alex died. I said no way! But have 2 now and they are what I call "my comic relief squad". They really make me laugh and are such little brats, LOL! But they healed my heart as much as it could be.
snoopy
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2