GO!

puppy not fully vaccinated

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Taz

watch your- fingers, i'm- eating

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 2:15pm PST 
My sister and parents just adopted a 4mo mixed lab puppy who has only had her first round of shots. They are supposed to come over on Saturday and even though we plan on keeping Taz in our bedroom and the puppy downstairs, I wanted to know if you guys think it's safe to have the puppy exposed to Taz's environment and vice versa? The main concern is that while Taz is fully vaccinated the puppy is not. Could it be dangerous for either of them?
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 2:39pm PST 
I would ask your vet, if Taz can catch anything from the puppy or vice versa, or if there is anything you should be concerned about. I don't really know that much about dogs, but I know other kitties on here do.

I would pick up Taz's food and water dishes, and all his toys, don't know if he can catch anything from puppy sloppies, mol, but hey, why take the chance. Best of luck. I know the others on here can give you a better ans. big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 9:22pm PST 
Bumpurr is right about picking up all cat toys,dishes and such. Our Lab is going to be 9 years old this year, and he would grab all the cat's toys and slobber all over them.That is why we do not have any to play withfrown But there is nothing that the cat or puppy have to worry about as in catching any thing. The things cats get shots for is different then what dogs/puppies get shots for. The only thing they can both get would be rabies,fleas,ringworm,tape worm,round worms.... and other kinds of intestinal worms. And having one set of shots is better than not having any at all.Good luck and have fun with that pup! dog
[notify]

Taz

watch your- fingers, i'm- eating

Purred: Fri Jul 2, '10 8:42pm PST 
Thanks for the tips guys! We keep all her stuff upstairs anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. She barely even spends time downstairs as of right now because we just moved and she is still freaked out!
[notify]