GO!

Fancy Feast appetizers

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Samhain

I'm a Mommy!

Purred: Wed Jun 2, '10 10:37am PST 
I heard on a commerical that this food was free of by products and fillers. Is it decent? I'm wondering because I have 3 cats to feed and 2 fosters on top of that... and I'm trying to find a decent (but inexpensive) cat food to feed them... More for health reasons ... like problems later.. I want to give them wet food to help with organ issues and keep them from the possible pet food recall.. we havent had a recall in a while.. so im guessing one should happen soon... mol!

Any advise? I was thinking Chicken Soup (if i can find it for cats) but i hear it has lots of veggies in it and not a lot of meat. Tho i dont think that would hurt them. Any ideas?
[notify]

SnowFlake

The Evil One

Purred: Wed Jun 2, '10 1:20pm PST 
Yes they do look yummy and ingredients are good but not properly balanced as a meal. More of a topper or a snack.
Skipjack tuna, water, xanthan gum, guar gum, sodium nitrite (to maintain color). thats the ingredients of the tuna one.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Jun 2, '10 1:23pm PST 
Fancy Feast Appetizers are not nutritionally complete. They do not contain any vitamins or minerals. The label even has a tiny disclaimer saying that the food is only intended to be a supplement to dry food., not as a meal on its own: Fancy Feast Appetizers are intended for supplemental feeding only. This product may be fed daily along with a complete and balanced cat food diet

Feed this as a snack/treat, not as your daily meal.

Edited by author Wed Jun 2, '10 1:24pm PST

[notify]

Chloe

Purred: Thu Jun 3, '10 1:29am PST 
Like others have said, they are fine ingredient-wise (imo) but they are not designed to be a complete food. They really are just snacks.

Also, they are incredibly expensive! I think I just paid $1.29 per pouch, and they are tiny portions.

For the price, my favorite wet food is Chicken Soup. Natural Balance is more expensive than it used to be, but I like it too. If you buy 6 oz sizes, it will be even more affordable.
[notify]

Samhain

I'm a Mommy!

Purred: Thu Jun 3, '10 7:15am PST 
Well! That answers that! Thanks guys!
[notify]