Close X

Can you tell the sex of my kitten just by looking??

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Purred: Mon Apr 26, '10 6:02pm PST 
Hello everyone. I have just adopted this little kitty. Right now he is 4 weeks old and will be ready to come home in 4 weeks. I met him, held him and just adore him, but I forgot to actually check the sex of him before I left. I am calling him a him because who I adopted him from is 99% it is a male.

Can anyone tell just by looking at his picture, if they think it is a boy?? He is a smokey black and white, but his black part definitely has a pattern to it in almost a brownish color. His mommy is a persian and daddy is a domestic.

Sorry so long smile Hugs, Christina

headed for the- light.
Purred: Mon Apr 26, '10 6:19pm PST 
We have to see the other end to tell the sex! laugh out loud
Look under the tail--even at this age, you can tell. If it's two definitely round DOTS, like a colon ( : ) it's a boy. If it's an upside down exclamation point (!) --only upside down--, it's a girl.
But I will tell you one thing; whatever it is, that baby is RIDICULOUSLY cute; I'd like to see more pictures!

Edited by author Mon Apr 26, '10 6:19pm PST

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!
Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 6:48am PST 
OMC, what a PRECIOUS little kitten!!!!! No wonder you fell in love. BooBoo is right, you have to check the "business end" to determine if the kitten is a boy or girl. Whatever it is, it sure goes off the chart on being cute. We sent the kitten a present and a welcome to CATSTER. Can't wait until he moves in (and we are sure you can't either) and look forward to more photos of Sylvester.

The New Orleans Kitties

Japanese Bobtail
Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 7:16am PST 
I tink its gots a wittle "milk moustache" hehehehhehe GOT MILK? laugh out loud

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3
Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 2:37pm PST 
Nice to meet you Christina. Concats on your new baby. Does he have 2 balls and a peepee? MOL MOL MOL

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 6:55pm PST 
Thank you everyone!! It is so nice to be here....

LOL, I know I have to check the other end of him, I guess I should have said by his coloring. I know a kitty with 3 colors is usually a girl.

This little one is white and black, but the black parts have like a brown swirly pattern in them. Hard to explain, but I will get more pictures up of him smile

Thank you again everyone!! Lots of Hugs, Christina

Squeak Attack!
Purred: Wed Apr 28, '10 3:21am PST 
oh my!! he's so adorable!

He reminds me of Berlioz laugh out loud

puke with a- ribbon in it!
Purred: Thu Apr 29, '10 10:55am PST 
sometimes cats have a tom-cattish look and you can tell its a boy, but at that age he/she is just a poof ball!!!!! no way to tell but he/she is freaken cute.

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!
Purred: Mon May 3, '10 4:14pm PST 
...SOO cute "it" brought tears to my eyes. Yes, you should look at his/her privates. When a cat gets a bit older, you can (with experience) tell the difference between a male and female by looking at the cat's face. Also, females tend to be smaller than males. However, some cats are large, some are small, so that is not always a dependable indicator. Orange cats are usually male, and calicos/torties are almost always female. Tuxedo cats could be either. I have a feeling that your kitty is male but I may be wrong. If it makes you feel better, even vets have been known to make mistakes sexing cats. And, by the way, have you been to a vet? If you have been, and the vet couldn't figure out your cutie's sex, find another vet!

Be Smart, Spay &- Neuter!
Purred: Tue May 4, '10 1:30pm PST 
This is PURELY a guess of course, but I think your kitten looks like a little boy!
Seriously cute though, whatever the gender!smile