GO!

Drinking fountains

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Stella

Everyone visits- to see me and- only me!

Purred: Mon Mar 29, '10 9:33am PST 
Do you guys that have the water fountain things for your cats feel that they really like them and seem to drink even more out of them. All my cats seem to drink really well. But I saw a fountain for a pretty good price and thought that it might be a nice thing to get for them and if it makes them drink even more well hey a major bonus then!
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Mon Mar 29, '10 10:39am PST 
I bought the Drinkwell Platinum a while back when I was still feeding dry food. When I made the switch to canned food only, I noticed the cats were not drinking from it anymore~ so I put it away. Mine are not the types to "play" in water, so it was not worth keeping it running. I think every cat is different though~ so it's hard to know how much your cat will enjoy it unless you try one big grin
[notify]

Munchie

Was that the can- opener?

Purred: Mon Mar 29, '10 4:50pm PST 
We have 2 of the fountains one upstairs and one downstairs, 1 my sister gave us for christmas last year, the other one we got from a friend after her cat had to be put to sleep. My cats LOVE them. I think they drink more water as it keeps their water 'fresher' by recirculating it. DeeJay likes to drink it right where it comes out (so the fountain part)
[notify]

ZEEKE- dreamboat- #40a

NUMBER ONE SON

Purred: Tue Mar 30, '10 4:10pm PST 
We have three running at all times and a fourth one to rotate out when cleaning. My cats LOVE their fountains. In fact if I tried to take them away I would have a revolt. they get worked up just when I turn them off to clean them. I do think they drink more water too. we also have stationary water bowls too. BTW there are 18 of us so we need lots of water bowls.

Zeeke's Meowmyway to go
[notify]

Worf

Pet me, pet me,- pet me, ok- goodbye.

Purred: Fri Apr 2, '10 12:34pm PST 
Hi, can you guys tell me which fountain I should demand from my human?

Drinkwell Platinum

http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-D2WB-RE-Platinum-Pet-Fou ntain/dp/B000L3XYZ4/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

Drinkwell 360 Stainless Steel or regular?

http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-360-Pet-Fountain-Origina l/dp/B001NIZAH6/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1270236167&sr= 8-11

Hammacher Ceramic Fountain

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/77737?promo=search

W hich is easiest to care for? My humans get real busy sometimes. shrug

Edited by author Fri Apr 2, '10 12:36pm PST

[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Fri Apr 2, '10 12:56pm PST 
I am interested in the opinions on this too! I love to drink from the bathroom sink when it is trickling, so Mom thinks I would like a fountain.
[notify]

Luke

The Silly Guy

Purred: Fri Apr 2, '10 1:57pm PST 
We have the Hammacher Schlemmer Ceramic Pet Fountain and we LOVE it way to go Mom says it is much easier to clean than our old Petmate Fresh Flow Fountain...you can even put it in the dishwasher way to go
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Fri Apr 2, '10 11:43pm PST 
We agree with Luke.

way to go

Mommy has bought quite a few of the Drinkwell fountains in the past and really likes the Hammacher.com ceramic fountain the best. We actually have 4 of them. This fountain is very nice looking, is easy to put together and take apart to clean (even the motor) and we put it in the dishwasher. Ceramic fountains get so much cleaner than the plastic ones.

If anyone is interested, Mommy found a place to buy the filters for this fountain for a little cheaper: www.debnroo.com - Raindrop Fountain Filters. Exact same as the filters on Hammacher, a little cheaper in cost and a little less in shipping and faster shipping.
[notify]

Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Sat Apr 3, '10 9:34pm PST 
That Hammacher.com ceramic fountain sounds interesting. I have a Petmate "Deluxe Fresh Flow" and it stopped working...I found out that it happens often with them frown Wish I knew that before I bought it. But my African Gray tore a part off it and I put it away. Miss Puff here was going through a faze of not wanting to drink out of the "dogs" dish... mol at the time. Now she drinks out of the tub or toilet bowl. eewwwwww or the nasty water coming from the a/c drip tube. She had stopped drinking out of the fountain before it stopped working. So good luck and please keep us all informed.
[notify]

Matty

Rescue cats- rule!

Purred: Mon Apr 5, '10 11:22am PST 
We keep it simple, we got a $12 "water jug" style waterer, you know, the kind where you place the jug or bottle upside down in a bowl/base and it releases water as it's consumed, or as it evaporates. We like it because it's dishwasher safe, doesn't have any moving parts, and very inexpensive.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4