GO!

weird shedding

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tobey

what can i play- with now...?

Purred: Thu Jan 21, '10 8:36pm PST 
My cat Tobey all of a sudden developed some odd balding/shedding, but ONLY on her R back leg. Shes not scratchig, or biting, or even pulling her fur out there, its just...going bald. Shes not in any pain or discomfort, and when I touch her shes just irritated at me for poking at her. Any suggestions??
I wish i could post a pic here...
[notify]

Severian DB- #165b

Pick me up.

Purred: Thu Jan 21, '10 8:41pm PST 
Did Tobey recently get any topical medication, like a deworming or anti-flea treatment? I had a big bald spot on my back from a dewormer, and a couple of smaller ones on my tail and leg from where my clumsy Mom may have dripped a litte. Turns out that some cats develop temporary hair loss from both such meds.

Otherwise, I dunno. Ringworm? I think that itches, though.
[notify]

Tobey

Purred: Fri Jan 22, '10 6:39am PST 
no, nothing has been put on her, nothing has changed in so far as food, litter, or anything. i looked at ring worm online and its not at all like that. *shrug* I may take her to the vet just in case.

thanks!
[notify]

Rocky

RIP old buddy

Purred: Fri Jan 22, '10 3:11pm PST 
Is it thinning before it goes bald, or do you just suddenly get a totally naked spot? I ask because it took forever for Meowma to figure out that I was actually knocking off the top layer of skin and making weird, totally slick spots here and there on occasion--by zooming around like a maniac and cutting it too close running over, under between things. She would hear a little 'thump' and sure enough--new bare spot.
[notify]

Tobey

Purred: Sun Jan 24, '10 6:47pm PST 
hmm..I don't know. Its just her back legs. Its quite odd. Here's a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/tildesk/tobeysheddi.jp g
[notify]

Severian DB- #165b

Pick me up.

Purred: Mon Jan 25, '10 2:47pm PST 
I'm thinking that a vet visit is a good idea. Might be an allergy. Any change in Tobey's food? Or something else in the house, like a new carpet?
[notify]

Meow in- Loving- Memory

where is my Mom?

Purred: Mon Jan 25, '10 7:06pm PST 
Hey Tobey, wave
I was not able to see the pic, but I would defiantly watch the spot and if it bothers you or your Meowma, She can put Neosporin on the spot. Could be a bug bite or something. If it does not get better, see your vet.
Good Luck and plz keep us posted!
[notify]

Tobey

Purred: Tue Jan 26, '10 8:31pm PST 
Well, its not just a spot, its like the whole of her back legs, the lower part. It seems to be on her tummy too. I think it constitutes a vet visit...nothing is new, no new carpets or food or anything!!
[notify]

Meow in- Loving- Memory

where is my Mom?

Purred: Tue Jan 26, '10 11:43pm PST 
Tummy and back leg u say???? Ok that sounds like stress and over grooming/licking. I had a cat that used to do that on his belly. Watch and see if this is going on.Let us know what you find out.
hug
[notify]

Tobey

Purred: Wed Jan 27, '10 8:18pm PST 
i think it IS over-grooming/stress...I wonder if my being gone on weekends is stressing her out..she has her sister-kitty to play with and there's always food and water..sigh.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2