GO!

rip Freshca my angel, heart, and soul

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
freshca

Freshca mommy's- angel, heart,- and soul

Purred: Sat Dec 12, '09 7:04pm PST 
i adopted freshca my 10 yr old cat 8 mons ago from shelter where they were about to put her to sleep. She became my life my everyhthing in those few months. She passed away 11-30-09. she was just not feeling herself i took her to vet they gave her a shot and then from that day she went down hill the vets did nothing to save her i spent my life savings trying to save her it wasnt enough so they let her die. If only i took her to another vet she would still be here today. But shes gone but not ever forgotten. My princess angel is gone and i will never get over her. She was with me by my side all day and night no matter what. And i just want to say thank you to her for giving me all the love, joy, and hapiness i could have ever felt. She will be forever missed.
[notify]

Salem

Paw, Paw, Paw!- Pay Attention to- Me Now!

Purred: Sat Dec 12, '09 8:08pm PST 
I'm so sorry you lost your Freshca. It is good that she had a loving home with you her last 8 months here on earth. You must miss her so much.

Is there any idea what went wrong? Was it cancer?
[notify]

freshca

Purred: Sun Dec 13, '09 7:25am PST 
the vet told me that she had kidney failure supposively but ive done so much reserach on kidney failure and she had no symptems at all. she was fine one day just not eating much i took her to a vet the vet gave her an anyibiotic shot she was better than later that night she had a problem walking i thiught from the shot. so the next day on a sunday her vet wasnt open so i took her to a 24 hr animal hospital and there they said she aws to far gone i tried to spend all of our savings for them to save her but they just said it wasnt enouhg money so they didnt treat her they just put her on ivs no meds nothn when she left my house she was fine and the next day they call and say they have to put her down theres nothn they could do when before i gave them 2,000 they were sayn shed be fine and they give her meds.which when i got paper work they did nothn to help her. if it was start of kidney failure they could have done somethn to help her but they did nothn. i feel so sick about it beacuse only if i would have taken her somewhere else or they helped her with proper meds she would still be here. it was just the early stages of kidney failure which i know with proper meds and diets cats can live a few more years...thank you so much for the kind words. Yes i miss my Freshca dearly she was really special to me and my family we all loved her so much.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Sun Dec 13, '09 8:39am PST 
thats horrible. 24/7 E-vets sometimes are the worst, heartless people. if you cant pay up front, they wont help. ive been there before. i shelled out 200 bucks JUST for them to help a stray kitten who was very injured be put to sleep. you would think they would have cut me a deal considering it was a stray and all they did was help her cross the bridge.

Im sorry for your loss. its never easy, and it wasnt your fault. those vets should be ashamed for not helping.
[notify]

freshca

Purred: Sun Dec 13, '09 1:04pm PST 
thank you again so much for your kind words. yes those 24 hr vets are horrible the are so uncaring, untruthful, unprofessional. i paid so much money thinkig she was getting care when she really wasnt they just put her on ivs and chraged an arm and a leg for doing nothing. its really a shame to treat pets that way they are just like humans and should be treated with some kind of compassion. but thank you for saying its not my fault because for 2 wks now ive been balming myself wondering what and where it went wrong. its a shame we put our trust in these vets and they just let your pet die.And Freshca was more than a pet to me thats why i feel so horrible and wish i could have done something more. Again thank you.
[notify]

Salem

Paw, Paw, Paw!- Pay Attention to- Me Now!

Purred: Sun Dec 13, '09 5:22pm PST 
Oh, that's just horrible. They took your money up front?!? I guess they got what they wanted. cry

I do try to steer clear of the 24 hour vet. Once I had to have a kitty get fluid shots every day which meant going on Sunday to the 24 hour vet. The charge was $85 simply to give a shot of water under the skin - no diagnosis, just a shot of water. Re: above post on kitten, my regular vet charged $145 to take Buddy to the bridge on 10-30-2009. That included return of his ashes to me in a lovely cedar box, in a paw print gift bag with customized printed poems & cards and a metal ID tag. It would have been quite a bit less if I didn't want his ashes, I think $95.

I can't believe you had your money AND your Freshca taken away from you. Well, the loss of Freshca is far worse than losing your savings, but still talk about adding insult to injury. Please don't beat yourself up, you had no way to know in advance and you did your best for Freshca by rushing to a vet.

I'm soooo sorry you are missing your little Freshca. It's so hard, I know. Sending lots of hugs & purrs your way.

Family of Buddy, Salem & Mochalittle angel
[notify]

QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Mon Dec 14, '09 8:58am PST 
So sorry for your loss. cry
Cats are very good at hiding illness, so perhaps Freshca was sicker than you thought at the time.
That still doesn't excuse the vet if they were insensitive and greedy. We have had good experiences with the 2 ER vets in our area, but one is very pushy about getting their money up front.
We are sending healing purrs your way. You knew a great love with your baby, even if it was for just a short time. cloud 9
[notify]

freshca

Purred: Mon Dec 14, '09 9:52am PST 
thank you guys for all your wondeful caring words and thoughts. i really thought i was alone in feeling this sadness by the loss of Freshca i didnt realize how many other people are like me and really feeling the same way about the loss of their cats. alot of people just told me to get over it she was just a cat. but to me she was my princess baby. and it really makes me happy to have such nice wonderful caring people as you to be able to talk to and sharing feelings with. people who know what your going threw and feel the same. its great. i just want to thank you all again for all the kind things youve said and for all the support. I know Freshcas diary is long but at the end of it has a beautiful poem i got from pet cemetery where i burried here. i really think you all would love it. i couldnt have wrote it better myself. So if you dont want to read her diary i understand but at least read the poem its really touching. thank again everone. Im wishing you all and your family including pets well.cloud 9
[notify]

Buddy

Purr, Purr,- Purr!!!

Purred: Mon Dec 14, '09 1:00pm PST 
Yes, so many of us here feel exactly the same as you do since we all love our kitties so much. We know exactly what you are going through since most of us have been there too.

I read your poem and yes, it's beautiful and gets across the feeling so well. Hugs and purrs, hope you are doing okay.

hug
[notify]

Gumpy Sweet- Boy

Love wrapped in- fur

Purred: Tue Dec 15, '09 8:20pm PST 
I'm so sorry about your loss of dear precious Freshca. I feel my boy Gump is my angel, heart and soul so I understand your love and pain...I wanted to mention to you that I've heard (on another feline health board) that some cats have had problems with an newer injectable antibiotic called "Convenia". I'm thinking that might be what she got as there aren't many other injectable antibiotics. (Why did they give her an antibiotic anyway?)
I don't know if that is what happened with Freshca - and some cats seem to do fine with it- but there have been problems with some cats. So you may be right about your sense of what happened.

I know it doesn't do any good now. I'm so sorry that you got such inadequate care and spent your life savings and they didn't help her. I'm so so sorry for your loss. But I believe that love doesn't die - you'll always be connected. Have you heard about the "Rainbow Bridge"? You can google that if you want -- the Rainbow Bridge is animal heaven.

Hugs
hug
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3