GO!

my back is touchy

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Solomon

The Purrmaster

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 7:56pm PST 
Hi kitties and humans,

Mama noticed that lately when she pets me and pets me all the way down my back, when she gets to the back toward my tail I lick my chops. Also when she pets the fur on my back hips I do the same thing. I act like it hurts or something. Is this a case of dry skin or perhaps arthritis? Or is it something else?

thank you smile
Solomon Grundy

PS I am an FIV+ cat
[notify]

Rambo

Mr.Bo Boy

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:01pm PST 
wave I am always dealing with a case like yours.

If it's scabby, and losing fur, it might be fleas. That's what I have. But I'm just a kitty, I don't know what it is if it's not that. Get better, Very SOON!

Purrs
Rambo And Family
[notify]

Solomon

The Purrmaster

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:07pm PST 
thanks for your QUICK reply! Mama doesn't think it's fleas, but she isn't sure. I have all my fur, in fact she had to comb me because I've been shedding like crazy. She *thought* she saw something brown resembling a flea moving in my fur but that was this morning. She's checked me at least 5 times since then and hasn't found anything except a little flaking from my sore area and one or 2 tiny black specks. I won't let her look thru my fur anymore, I start squirming and then run away....update: mama just found 3 red marks on my skin. frown (bites maybe?) and she put some baby oil on the area. I'm sure she'll get me some flea bath or something else to help. Now I'll probably need a baff (bath) YUCK.

Thank you again
Solomon Grundy

Edited by author Fri Oct 23, '09 8:16pm PST

[notify]