GO!

Our cat Rupert has terminal cancer

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rupert- 2001-2009- RIP

Monkey Weasel

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '09 12:16pm PST 
Rupert had been diagnosed with terminal cancer to his intestine and possibly all over his body. We are heartbroken. The prognoses is a few weeks left to live.
It started just a couple of weeks ago with Rupert getting rapidly skinny and throwing up some nasty smelling yellow and brown fluids. We got very concerned and took him to the vet They took x-rays and told us there was a mass in his intestine blocking his whole digestive system, he basically could not go to the kitty litter and threw up instead. They did surgery and remove what was quickly confirmed to be cancer. It was biopsied and from there we got the horrible diagnoses. Rupert is only 8 years old and the love of our life in the animal kingdom. We are now just trying to make his last weeks as pleasant as possible and he gets to eat his favorite food (tuna)everyday. When he shows signs of pain we will have to make the painful decision to let him go. If anyone has any similar experience or experience with euthanasia we would be happy if you with share with us.
[notify]

Miss Daisy

I'm a happy- girl!

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '09 12:45pm PST 
We're so sorry that Rupert has cancer. We noticed on
Forums Home >
When it's Time to Say Goodbye that there is an old thread that might help you. Click on When it's time to say goodbye and scroll down about 4 threads and you should find it.

There seemed to be a ton of info on the Euthanasia question. We hope some of the info helps you through this difficult time.

We will say a kitty purrayer for Rupert tonight.
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '09 3:19pm PST 
We are so sorry to read about Rupert having terminal cancer. Our meowmy has had to put one cat to sleep who had cancer, she had a tumor in the roof of her mouth. It grew very quickly, and meowmy did not want to put the cat thorough chemo or radiation therapy. She made the difficult decision to just have the vet put Fudgie down so she would not suffer.

There are many, many CATSTERS who can give you more information. And, of course, discuss this with your vet for his or her suggestions. We send purrs, soft paw pats and a prayer from our meowmy during this difficult time.

Sad Purrs,
Pete Fountain, Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong, Benny Grunch, Charmaine Neville and Buddy Bolden
[notify]

Lars

Look out when I- wear my

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 5:14am PST 
Aww, I am sorry to hear of that...poor Rupert. Lots of purrs for him from my big brother Dex and I, and I hope that the rest of his time here is comfortable and peaceful.
[notify]

Abby Angel- at Rainbow- Bridge

Guardian- Angel

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 6:07am PST 
Dear Rupert, I am so very sorry you have the evil cancer. Purring for you and your mommy during this difficult time. My story is similar to yours. It seemed like it started suddenly, with me losing weight and having trouble eating and swallowing. After I was diagnosed with a metastatic cancer, I had 16 days left with my mommy and family before coming to the Bridge. Mommy had me euthanized when she saw I was in pain and it was a peaceful transition. I will be glad to answer any questions you have. hug
[notify]

Oliver

Named for the- other famous- green tractor

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 6:33am PST 
Just so sorry this is happening to you.

Cats grab our hearts and sink their claws in and it never hurts until they let go.
[notify]

Zack Beloved- Angel- (1995-2009)

True Blue to My- Girl Kiwi

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 8:03am PST 
Rupert, My friend wrote to me about your condition. I was diagnosed with metastasized colon cancer, and I am doing my best to hold on. I am lucky in that the cancer attached to the outside of the colon, and I am not blocked, thought that still could happen. I will come visit you at your page, and maybe we can meow a bit about ideas. My mom is going to do the same, keep me comfortable until she sees my quality of life deteriorate, or if I am in pain. Purring for you.
Hang in there, Rupert.

Purr, >^,,^< Zack
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 9:41am PST 
puuurrrrs and a massage to you, Rupert. I'm sorry to see this--you are so pretty and a young kitty too. But I'm glad to see that you have good people taking care of you--they will make sure you don't have to go through too much pain.
Stay as comfy as you can--and eat all the tuna you can hold!
[notify]

Annie R.I.P.

Ranals

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 11:05am PST 
Purrs and hugs to you Rupert....You are in our thoughts and prayers.hug
[notify]

buddy

my very special- friend

Purred: Tue Mar 24, '09 5:37am PST 
so sorry to hear about you Our thoughts to you and your family
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)