GO!

Forever our Blazer Baby

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Blazer (itty- bitty angel- baby)

Forever our- Blazer Baby!

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 9:39pm PST 
Our furbaby of only 15 years died Monday afternoon, March 9.

We had a massive house explosion Saturday morning, around 2:30, which caused the ceilings and walls to collapse on us all. After my husband freed a wall off of my pinned left arm, I ran out to the livingroom, where Blazer typically slept on the back of the couch, and she was not there. All the doors and windows were blown out, and the fire was rapidly growing. We had to leave both Blazer and our other cat Tootsie behind. We ran out into the night with barefeet, and my cell phone only. When we turned around, all we saw were massive flames pouring out of every window and door opening. I wailed for Blazer and Tootsie as we ran, but my husband kept pushing me to save ourselves.

After several agonizing minutes, I saw Tootsie dart from the front of the house, and into the woods near our house. But we never saw Blazer.

After the firemen had the fire contained, they asked us to give them a formal report, and we proceeded to talk beside my husband's pickup truck parked next to our house. Just as we were about to begin, I glanced longingly into the woods, hoping to see Tootsie's glowing eyes, when I happened to look down, and instead saw Blazer, covered in soot, with her eyes swollen shut. She had walked through the massive fire and found her way back to us! She looked very badly burned, and I shrieked "Oh my God, it's Blazer!" My husband yelled at the fireman and pushed me away "get her out of here" because he thought she was dead, but she wasn't! At that very moment, one of the on-scene policmen volunteered his services (and blue lights) to drive Mark and Blazer to the closest 24hr vet hospital, nearly 30 minutes away. I was not permitted to go, until an official statement was made. I pleaded with him to let me go, but I was not able to be with them, protocol needed to be followed.

So, to make an already long story somewhat less long, we went to the animal hospital to see her during the day Saturday, and she looked better than we had expected, but still horribly burned, but no 3rd degree burns, except for her ears. Sunday was even better, she opened her eyes, saw us, drank water from a bowl, and kissed my hand!!! After loosing every single possession in the world, that moment was priceless! Even today, they had taken her off of oxygen, and she was holding her own. So much so, that they let me hold her!!! She nuzzled into my chest with so much might, I was afraid she was going to roll right off my lap! After stroking her and telling her how proud we were of her, she let out a few large sighs, which melted our hearts even further.

We left the hospital today walking on clouds for the first time since our near death experience Saturday! An hour later, the vet called, stating she had taken a very sudden and very unexpected turn for the worse. We jumped in the truck, and half way there, the vet called back saying it was too late. As it turns out, it seems as if those loving sighs of hers were sighs of relief, that we had made it to her, snuggled with her, and now she felt that she could say 'goodbye' to her mommy and daddy.

I don't know why this all had to happen to our family, and to make matters worse, we have yet to find Tootsie! Loosing the house, loosing 2 cars, loosing every item you own except the night clothes on your back and your cell phone are all tortuous enough, but to then not have your precious cats, and then to have hope restored when you find 1 burned, but improving, only to have her suddenly die is unfathomable depths of pain I wish on no one!
[notify]

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 9:59pm PST 
Oh, I can not even imagine the pain you are going through. Your story is truly one that no one ever wants to experience. It was a miracle that Blazer found you and you were able to comfort each other before she had to depart for the Rainbow Bridge. May you find some comfort in that. You are in our purr prayers as we pray that Tootsie finds her way back to you.

Purrs and Peace,
Aragorn, Athena and Apollo
hughughughug

Taag Our Guardian Angel

Her Majesty

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 10:43pm PST 
I will do my very best to guide Tootsie back to you.

I can not imagine the shock, pain and deep loss that you are going through. Oh, how much suffering can the human heart be forced to bear?
[notify]

Purred: Tue Mar 10, '09 1:24pm PST 
I cannot tell you how extremely touching your words have been to my husband and I! It was only 24 hours ago that we spent our final moments with her in our arms, after she had passed away. Your words have made us smile, if even for a moment! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Please keep Tootsie in your prayers, we need her more than ever before!!
[notify]

Sasha

Big Kitty

Purred: Tue Mar 10, '09 9:59pm PST 
Oh, what a nightmare! I have no frame of reference for what you've all been through. We're so sorry for everything you've lost. At the very least, amazingly, you found Blazer, and you were able to share time and show your love to one another before Blazer crossed the bridge. I know that Blazer has already been welcomed across the bridge by many caring and loving cats - I know several here on Catster that are more than special. And you will always have her, in your heart. Tootsie made it out of the burning house - which is incredible in itself. We are purring that Tootsie will make her way back to you.

Edited by author Tue Mar 10, '09 10:37pm PST

[notify]

Purred: Tue Mar 10, '09 11:28pm PST 
Thank you so much! We always were afraid Blazer's time was sooner rather than later, but NEVER in my WILDEST dreams did I think it would happen like this!!

I've been looking online for cat cremation pendents so I can carry a part of her with me always. She loved curling up on our chests, and I want her to be on mine always. Most of them are sterling silver, but won't that tarnish easily?? Anything made of better metals are sooooo expensive, and with the fire, we don't have much cash, and we're still waiting for our credit cards to be re-issued. Any thoughts would be most helpful!
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 4:59am PST 
OH MY tears of sorry are falling. We cannot imagine what you are going through.

Our heart goes out to you.

hugs and kisseshug

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 6:24am PST 
Blazer's mom and dad, first, we all send soft paw pats and purrs, and our meowmy sends you hugs. She can COMPLETELY understand what you are going through. When Hurricane Katrina came through the New Orleans are in August, 2005, she lost her home and four cats.

The loss of Blazer is hurtful now, but the good memories of your years with her will replace that. At least you got to see her before she left you for the Rainbow Bridge. We will be purring and praying that Tootsie returns home safely, and that you are able to rebuild your home and your lives. Meowmy will also pray for you all to have the strength to get through this.

Hugs,
Charmaine Neville, Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong, Benny Grunch, Pete Fountain and Buddy Bolden

P.S. Please let us know as soon as you find Tootsiehug

Edited by author Wed Mar 11, '09 6:25am PST

[notify]

Miss- Sable-Kitty

Miracle Child

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 9:20am PST 
We are all with you, cherishing you in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers, every waking moment... with much love, -Max, Charley, Sable and Mommy-Jan.

hug hug hug hug
[notify]

BRUCE (THE- BOSS)

Born to Run &- Born to Moo Boo

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 10:40am PST 
This very sad story has left us heartbroken.

We can not find enough words to say how sorry we are.

We are thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts at this very very sad and difficult time.

Sending love, hugs and purrs from the U.K.

hughughughughug

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7