GO!

what about me? am i a wegie?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jabba

Purred: Fri Jan 16, '09 8:07am PST 
I was found just recently abandoned or lost and my new human is a sucker for a beautiful face...i am waiting my vet appointment as we post....i continually talk with a strange voice my new human has never heard before..any advice from the experts....Thank you in advance
[notify]

♥Bijo- u♥

What ya doooin

Purred: Fri Jan 16, '09 9:40am PST 
Hi Everyonewave

For along time Meowmy thought I was part main coon, but the whiskers didn't seem right. Norwegian whiskers seem to go side ways more and have a bit of a curl to them as oppossed to the other long straight down turned on most other breeds. Mine go from the sides and kind of curl a bit.

Main Coon and Norwegian do look alot a like, except for this....but what do YOU think?

Check out my page as well and let me know

Purrs
Bijouhappy dance
[notify]

Timmy

Purred: Wed Mar 4, '09 5:42pm PST 
He could be Siberian or Maine Coon. They are al big cats, with maine coons leading the pack in weight. They are all intelligent, talkers, active, and love their humans. The primary difference seems to be in the shape of their face and their ears, as they all have tufted ears and feet. I am still trying to figure out all the differences myself. You may want to google the characteristics for all three and see what one seems to fit. So far he really looks maine coon to me. He is a big beautiful boy. They are extremely loyal to their people and dog like in behavior. I just lost a big 25 pound, 15 year old boy. Congratulations on your new addition
[notify]

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Mon Apr 6, '09 3:44pm PST 
Hi Jabba,
Just because your big doesn't mean you're a dominant cat, does it! You're sure cute. I'm a rescue cat, so mom doesn't really know what I am. My friend, Nurven, a Wegie in Norway, told mom I looked just like him, and she said that again when she saw my snow pics. Other furiends think I'm a Coon. I like the idea of being a Wegie, so I say I am. My traits fit what we read for Wegies. Maybe I'm really a bit of both, as my furiend Loki thinks. At any rate, I agree to look at other furs and read. I have seen comments about funny voices in Wegie materials and I have a very funny voice. Mom laughs when I talk to her but I'm serious! I only talk if its really important so she should stop laughing! Humans can be exasperating but so adorable.
[notify]

Gillian's Forglemmigej

Loved by Nicole- Fitterer

Purred: Thu May 12, '11 1:19pm PST 
I would say more likely Maine coon or Maine Coon mix. The Norwegian Forest has a more delicate looking face were your cat's face more resembles that of a Maine Coon.
[notify]