GO!

Has anyone tried Pedi Paws Nail Trimmer?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Alfie♥Forever Loved

Little boy in a- catsuit

Purred: Fri Sep 12, '08 4:48am PST 
I have seen the Pedi Paws nail trimmer on TV and was wondering if anyone has used it yet?
I've read a couple bad reviews about it but, wanted more opinions.
Thanks,
Eva,
Alfie's mom

Edited by author Fri Sep 12, '08 4:48am PST

[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 4:41pm PST 
I was wondering about that, too. It still looks like the quick can be nicked easily and it looks as though you have to put some pressure against the nail for it to be ground down. That wouldn't work with Athena!
eek

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 7:36pm PST 
I think I'd probably be scared of something like that. shock

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Mon Sep 15, '08 10:44am PST 
I know my cats (and dogs) would also, especially if it buzzes or vibrates their feet. And, I tried a grinder sort of thing on my nails once and accidentally ground too far. It hurt!!!! I'll stick with the clipper, thanks.
[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Mon Sep 15, '08 3:35pm PST 
I don't know of anyone who's used it. I just think the idea of it won't work. You can clip a claw quickly and easily and then let go if your cat gets too wiggly. While my kitten is very calm and so so good about getting his claws trimmed and generally likes me to hold and stroke his paws, I can't imagine him being cool with me holding his paw for long enough to grind the claw down and I'm sure the vibration would put him off. It just doesn't seem worth it, when clipping claws is so easy.
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Mon Sep 15, '08 7:11pm PST 
I just saw the commercial yesterday! Mom said it looks really big and not easy to handle. My mom just uses the cat clippers she got from Target.

KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Tue Sep 16, '08 5:25am PST 
I especially would not like the gadget,
Im weird about stuff like that, I dont even like when my daddy has his feet in the vibrating foot massager. I dont go within 5 feet of it.
[notify]

Athena

"A feline in a- canine world"

Purred: Tue Sep 16, '08 11:48am PST 
My grandma saw one of those segments on the local news where they try out different "As Seen on TV" gadgets and this was a thumbs down. Supposedly it left the nails ragged, etc.

I hate to have my nails trimmed and I will bite Mom when she tries, MOL. laugh out loud She used to trim my brother Nigel's nails with a nail clipper but lately he's decided he doesn't like that anymore.

Mom would love to find an easy way to trim the nails of my dog brother and sister because they REALLY hate it, sometimes Mom and Dad take them to the vet but even they have trouble. One vet suggested a dremel tool and said he used that on his dogs. Mom had to laugh at the idea of getting a dremel tool anywhere near us...
[notify]

Philbert

Snort!

Purred: Tue Sep 16, '08 2:49pm PST 
Ive seen this product on TV too and think those pets must be drugged or something ot be so calm! Maybe show animals are that calm, but my boyfriend and I laugh about how much medical attention we would need if we ever trid something like that on Squeekie! Phil is a little better, but I agree with what other are saying. I use a big sharp human toenail clipper on phil, and I can get a few toes at a time before he started biting and sqirming. Thats thing would be impossible! how is that easier than a well educated clip from a clipper!?
[notify]

Alfie♥Forever Loved

Little boy in a- catsuit

Purred: Wed Sep 17, '08 6:40am PST 
Thanks everyone!
I think we will stick with the ordinary cat clippers too.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3