GO!

Not a cyst, not a boil, then what?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Leonidas- (Passed over- to the o

Coolest cat in- the world

Purred: Fri Aug 15, '08 9:03pm PST 
Our Leonidas gets these things in his skin once in a while... Which are discovered by petting him and feeling his skin for anything abnormal. It's imbedded in the skin, a darkish-brown thing, about an inch long (feels rough to the touch). In the past hubby used to pull them out and Leo didn't struggle or anything. Once pulled out, it turned out to be a long, soft, creamy-colored "noodle". In its place was of course the hole in the skin, no bleeding or anything. Most of the time it's hard to pull them out though, and if not done right, it disappears beneath the skin as if though it has a life of its own.... Yuck. What the hell is it??

Edited by author Fri Aug 15, '08 9:05pm PST

[notify]

Khina

Don't breed or- buy when shelter- pets die

Purred: Fri Aug 15, '08 9:18pm PST 
Ewww! I looked up skin parasites for you and found this:

cuterebriasis. Does that seem like what you have?

Edited by author Sat Aug 16, '08 12:32pm PST

[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Aug 15, '08 10:02pm PST 
Look here
Cuterebra

Regardless of what it may be you need to see a vet. It sounds like this dog that came into mom's clinic. The owner could swear that her dog had a worm under it's skin. She could feel it under the skin every so often. Mom will have to ask the doctor what the name of her condition was.

Don't pull on the object as this can potentially cause more problems. Please consult a vet for a proper diagnosis. Purrs!
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Aug 15, '08 10:05pm PST 
Maybe this one will work
Cuterebra
[notify]

Leonidas- (Passed over- to the o

Coolest cat in- the world

Purred: Sat Aug 16, '08 2:21pm PST 
No, that's not what it is... It's not a life form... It's inanimate...

Hmm I was at the vet with Leo recently but forgot to mention this. Don't have money to pay for an extra visit plus this doesn't seem life threatening or anything...
[notify]

Smokey

"SURVIVOR"

Purred: Mon Aug 18, '08 4:16am PST 
I have one on my belly. The vet said it is nothing to worry about. Almost like a human getting a black head. The edge is black and harder and as it comes out is white and soft. Stubborn to get out most of the time. It has an unpleasant odor. Mom cleans mine out once a week. She waits until its looks bigger and more formed, then pops it like a zit (gently). When you look at the skin it looks like a pocket where it forms. It does not hurt and I sit still for mom while she cleans it out.
[notify]