GO!

Indigo Moon for Kitten?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Brock

I kick the- stripes off Tony- the Tiger...

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 11:56am PST 
I was wondering if it was safe to feed Brock SG Indigo Moon cat food? I know it is potentially risky in growing puppies, but what about kittens?

Brock has maybe a quarter of a bag left of Wellness Kitten Health. I really wanted to switch him over to IM, Since I realized I have a store that carries it!happy dance

But is it okay to feed him?

What about EVO Canned? The same store has this, and I looked a bit cheaper than Wellness.

-Price isn't that much of an issue, but I heard alot of good things about EVO canned and Cats-

Thanks,
Brock!

Edited by author Thu Jul 17, '08 11:57am PST

[notify]

Quetzal

Wild thing u- make my heart- sing ♥

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 8:38pm PST 
Indigo Moon is really awesome stuff- all my cats are young (a year and a half and younger), and I used to feed them a combination of Indigo Moon and Innova Evo (they're on EVO only now because the store where I bought Indigo Moon no longer carries it). It is fantastic stuff, probably the best product Solid Gold has put out. You can really see the difference in cats that are fed it, too, their coats shine up and they really perk up energy wise.

I'd say it's absolutely fine to feed him. Quetzal was on it when he was only a couple months old, and the others aren't much older than him and they were on it.

Oh, and EVO is the best brand available IMO- it's important to regulate how much they eat because it is a high nutrient food and if overfed cats can put on weight with it, but if you manage their intake properly it is INCREDIBLE food.

Edited by author Thu Jul 17, '08 8:39pm PST

[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 8:45pm PST 
I just looked at the ingredients for this and the second ingredient is potato and then Canola oil, this is not good. You can go to sites and learn how to read a pet food label.
The Evo cat and kitten is good, just dont give as much as the can or bag says, a little less.
Also Wellness grain free canned is good for kitties.
[notify]

Brock

I kick the- stripes off Tony- the Tiger...

Purred: Sat Jul 19, '08 11:14pm PST 
Thanks Quetzel!

Shadow- Mol. I am well versed in Nutrition, but I have never actually read the ingredients of Indigo. I have heard recommendations, so I thought, hey, why not. I am mostly a lurker on the Dogster Nutrition Forums. Firefly is my main poster, if you have a dogster.*Goes to look*

But, I was actually thinking of putting him on Wellness CORE. It is more convenient to get. And Fred was eating it till he passed to Rain. Bridge.
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sun Jul 20, '08 7:34am PST 
The Wellness core does seem really stinky of fish mol!
I would go for the canned Evo, its good.
[notify]