GO!

Ideas for new emoticons!

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 5:58am PST 
Some people love them, some people hate them, but let's face it, how many forum posts do you see that don't have at least one emoticon? Yet despite the generous number of choices we have, there always seems to be times when we can't find the right emoticon for what we want to convey. So, here's your choice to put in ideas for new emoticons. Of course, there's no guarantee that ANY of them will eventually become reality, but put in your votes anyway. Let's have some emoticon fun!

I'll start. Hey, this is a site about cats, right? What do cats do a lot of, what are two topics that come up a lot in the Health Forum and elsewhere? That's right, pooping and barfing. I'd like a poopie emoticon (with odor rays emanating from it) and a barfing Smiley.

And we really need a Mr. Yuk. You know, the green anti-doppleganger to Smiley, the one who's put on containers of poisonous substances to warn kids away. Great for discussions of what your house smells like when you forgot to neuter Tigger before he started spraying, or what it felt like to step on a cat accident on the floor when you were groping your way to the bathroom at 2 am without your glasses on.

Bring on the emoticons!

party party party
[notify]

Icebox- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 6:07am PST 
happy dance and hamster dance do in a few occasions, but sometimes we need a Garfield Dance. The pups get to Snoopy Dance all the time!

silenced
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 7:36am PST 
Yeah, really, why do we need a HAMSTER on a cat site? Unless it's to be eaten, that is. Hmm, "kitty kill hamster remains" dance? Er, no, that's in...bad taste.

hamster dance

(He is a cute little bugger, though.)
[notify]

Felix - In Loving- Memory

Felix the Lap- Cat

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 10:13am PST 
We do need more cat emoticons! The dogs now have four of them, and we cats still only have two. Garfield would be great, and I of course am partial to Felix the Cat.

Also like the idea of a "Mr. Yuk" emoticon - MOL!

Yep, the dancing hamster just makes me hungry. hamster dance

Edited by author Wed Jun 4, '08 10:17am PST

[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 1:37pm PST 
We use it! *Creatures hamster dancehamster dance* laugh out loud

*Merlin shrug* Methinks HQ made emoticons for them since they are the only active Creatures on Catster. New emoticons would be nice way to go
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 6:25pm PST 
Gosh, nobody's playing the game. Okay, I also want a heart with an arrow through it, that you can send to that special kitty.
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 6:25pm PST 
...And I'd like a Smiley blowing kisses.
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 8:03am PST 
Harvey:

We like the idea of one for when your cat leaves that "REALLY BAD" stinky in the litterbox. In fact, meowmy thinks it should be a black and white kitty....perhaps similar to Benny Grunch...MOL, MOL.....

Hey HQ.....we need more Emoticons with kitties in them!!!

Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong, Pete Fountain....and.....Benny Grunch (a.k.a. "The Stinkanator")big laugh
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 10:10am PST 
I've already posted this in around three other forums (running out of material here, have to recycle), but did you know that as of yesterday, there were exactly 100 cats out of the 165,000 plus cats on Catster who are named "Stinky"? It's not hard to figure out the origin of their name (let's just say it wasn't Marmite breath), but gee, cats can live to be over 20, and isn't it sorta mean to call some cat who had stinky doo-doos when he was a kitten "Stinky" for the remainder of his life? In fact, I just became friend with a New Zealand gent from the Marmite thread who's named "Stinky"... (Hmm, maybe it DOES have something to do with Marmite...)

Speaking of stinky, Harvey just returned from a visit to the litter box, and he's a bit ripe. Sorry, Harve, move your hind quarters over there just a little bit...

We want a poopie emoticon!!! Or a stinky emoticon! Smiley holding his nose with his fingers or a clothes pin!

party
[notify]

the kaya- skye &- shyloh paige

mutant twincats- of michigan

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '08 5:50pm PST 
we are mighty hunters, no? so why is the only prey animalhamster danceemoticon DANCING? shouldn't he be trembling? or be depositing a little poopie emoticon of his own? lord, he's a hamster on catster why is he dancing? is it drugs? chorea?
if the hamster is beyond fear, we KNOW mousies aren't...check out the last pic in our photo book, and you will see what happens to mousies who are not afraid enough...or not fast enough...or not smart enough. we are helping the mousies to evolve. we are darwinian guardian angelslittle angellittle angelthose which survive to breed will be smarter, faster...and have enough sense not to pop up when they smell cat! biological arms race, baby...and basically they're not very well-equipped. only reason there's still so many mousies is they get started young and have ginormous litters. we don't mind. if they all died, what would we chase in the kitchen at 3 am? (besides each other)
so...a mousie emoticon! a SCARED mousie emoticon!
and this one has always puzzled me...why is there no emoticon for anger/irritation etc? right now all people can do is type: HISSSS HISSS...surely we could come up with a hissy fit emoticon?
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4