GO!

Hello everyone! Just found out I have passed my homecheck with Animal Welfare people today!

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Purred: Tue May 13, '08 4:07pm PST 
Hiya guys! I'm Steph and I've been on caster.com a few days checking out the kitts!! My partner and I decided we were finally ready to take on some lil kitties for our home we bought a year ago, for my birthday (May 1st). Been hard on the hunt this last 4 weeks now and its been an eternity, as kitten season is only just getting going really in the U.K but last Wednesday I popped along to the animal welfare centre, after spotting 2 cheeky looking kitts on their website that had escaped my viewage a couple of days earlier when I visited! I've been specifically looking for a brindle Tortie as one of the duo (having had one before) and we originally wanted a grey/blue one as well but when my mum and I saw this brindle and her beautiful healthy looking calico sis, I just knew I had to try and get them reserved! So the last week has been soooooo stressful with me tryin to convince the staff that I genuinely work just 20 hours a week at the mo and won't leave the lil kitts for more than 4 hours at a time (they are now 8 weeks old). Had to really prove we were up for the committment and so passing the homecheck, which I only found out I was having yesterday morning was such a relief! I called them up today and I didn't really know how old they were or how long they would stay with their mum for, so I was amazed when they said I can pick them up Saturday! I seriously think this is the most exciting time of my life so far at 27 and seen as I'm definitely not up for kids yet, I just can't wait! I just love being around cats and have had them in the family all my life so just can't wait to watch them doing their catty thing and welcoming them to our home! P.S Love this Caster.com! Been looking at the similar calico's and brindle torties and can't wait to add all my pic's, being a graduate photographer an all (with a big expensive DSLR camera I'm not making any money with and probably shouldn't have bought)!! So check my kitt pic's out soon guys! kitty
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Tue May 13, '08 8:08pm PST 
Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet your two special new kitties. Welcome to Catster!

cheerwavewave
[notify]

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Wed May 14, '08 4:47am PST 
Torties rock! We wish you all the best for the new additions to your familycheer
[notify]

Shep, My- Precious- Angel

Is that for me?- Is it? No? Are- you sure?

Purred: Wed May 14, '08 8:00am PST 
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
cheercheercheercheercheercheer
Much love to you and your soon-to-be-babies!
Sheppy and JoJo
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Wed May 14, '08 3:31pm PST 
Congratulations! Love your story and can't wait to see your babies (and your photography).
[notify]

Smudge

Sweet Cheeks !!

Purred: Wed May 14, '08 6:20pm PST 
congrats on the new additions, we are Smudge and bob from the UK we cant wait to be pals xxxhug
[notify]

Chloe ~ Itty- Bitty Angel- Kitty

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Wed May 14, '08 7:25pm PST 
Concatulations! Can't wait to meet the new arrivals and welcome them to Catster cloud 9

Purrrs,
Chloe, Maus, Sable, and Brooke.
(oh, and Hershey too)./
[notify]

Pixie- Lovebug Back- Home after

Pixie - the inquisitive- love bug.

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 5:59am PST 
Hey! Letting my new mum 'Steph' write here as she can't be the author on this post for some reason!?...

Thanks Guys for your good wishes! The Kitts are coming home tommorrow and i'm all set for their arrival! Got a fab brown 'lifestyley' litter tray for £2.99 with lip, bowls, Kitt food, play tents (free with friskies cat food! Thanks Mum!), scratch tree which is half price at Argos (in U.K) at the moment was£24.99 now £12.50!!! Also just got an ace carrier today with an open top and side enterance in case the kitts grow to be hard to remove kitty's when at the vets! Took it to my parents house to test on Lucas (the family cat, and may I say extreamly handsome one at that!), To our amazement, when mum put him in and bearing in mind he has behavioual problems from coming to us part feral and possibly abused on the streets at 2yrs old, he sat in it quite patiently for 20 mins and had a cat wash! So I think its passed the cat test of approval and i'm glad, as it wasn't the cheapest carrier at £29 but I have expensive taste sadly! [Pixie interupts... "I don't mind that!"] I think also it will be big enough for 2 small females and certainly til their 1yr old, which is good! Its the Altas 20 open top if anyones considering buying one, from Pets at Home? Also bought the smaller Atlas 10 open top but think while it'd be fine for a small to medium adult cat, 2 kitts would be a no no so gonna take that one back. So all's good and just counting down the hours now!
[notify]

Smudge

Sweet Cheeks !!

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 8:09am PST 
Oh you must be getting so exited, you are gonna have so much fun here and met some great new palshughughug
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 8:37pm PST 
Mom says: "Aaaaww!! They're both so precious!"

Mom would have gone for a tortie if I hadn't gotten to her first. confused
[notify]