GO!

I Can't Meow

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
☀- Adobe☀-

I can't turn- my purr off!

Purred: Sat Apr 12, '08 2:29pm PST 
I'm not a little baby anymore, but am not yet a "cat".
However when I try to meow, all that comes out is a pathetic, little squeek. I sound like a 4-week- old kitten. People always laugh when they hear me "meow".
Am I doomed to sound like an infant kitty forever, or will my regular cat sized meow come in time?
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sat Apr 12, '08 3:13pm PST 
Well, what of it? I don't have a particularly manly meow, and I'm 19 months old. Mom says that if you heard me meow without seeing me you would think I was a wee little kitten too. Sometimes even majestic cats have the tiniest meow.
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Sat Apr 12, '08 3:19pm PST 
I am going to be 5 this year and I have a VERY high pitched meow. Don't be upset about it. I find that people find this extremely cute and you can get lots of treat and pets using it.
[notify]

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Sat Apr 12, '08 9:16pm PST 
Exactly, what of it?

Cats' meows are very individual- they all differ from each other. It helps cats recognize one another, not to mention it's one of the many things that makes YOUR cat "not like the 'other' cats".

Owning three cats and having cat-loving friends, I have heard many different meows all of which I love, I love hearing the different tones, depths, and kwerks each voice projected. Love your cat for who he is! Love his meow. He doesn't give a poo what his meow sounds like, neither do other cats!

Not to mention he is just a youngster, give him time to develop a meow, for some cats it takes months- others it take years!

Cheers!

~Natasha

kitty
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '08 12:55pm PST 
I've got a squeaky little meow, too (except for in the middle of the night when I suddenly seem to realize I can yowl). Mommy loves my high-pitched little squeaks. You may develop a big boy meow, but don't worry it you don't. Mommy says my meow is one of the (many) things she loves about me.
[notify]

Cole

Anything- Goes

Purred: Wed Apr 16, '08 8:04pm PST 
I was called Peep *blush* around here for a long time. I still sort of peep. A cross between a peep and an aak.
Every once in a while I will let out a good yowl, too, and it is never about anything, really! But it is so rare, the CT jumps.

Nothing to worry about, Adobe! We all have different voices, as others have mentioned.

be bop
[notify]

Precious- -Rest now- baby. SMIB

MEEEE!!!!!

Purred: Wed Apr 16, '08 9:31pm PST 
Don't worry, I had the exact opposite problem. For years, my meow sounded like I smoked a pack a day!
[notify]

Baby ~*RIP*~

What!!! I didn't- do it! I swear!

Purred: Fri Apr 18, '08 10:21am PST 
Baby has no meow at all. He'll look up at you and open his mouth and nothing comes out. He's freaked out quite a few people. They always ask me what's wrong with him. I tell them he's just special. wink

I often wonder though why he can't meow.
[notify]

Chester

Feeties, its all- about my- feeties!

Purred: Fri Apr 18, '08 7:14pm PST 
I squeak and am quite proud of it! I never went to meow school but I can carry on an entire conversation with mommy quite well. Meowing is overrated!!!! Any old cat can meow, it takes a special cat to work the squeak!

Edited by author Fri Apr 18, '08 7:14pm PST

[notify]

the kaya- skye &- shyloh paige

mutant twincats- of michigan

Purred: Fri Apr 18, '08 10:42pm PST 
so far, unless we're frantic (fell in a full bathtub, stuck in the dryer, notifying humans of a trapped kitty somewhere) we don't meow either. we sort of...grunt? whine? is gwhine a word? or maybe whunt?shrug
sounds sort of like: "eh!" or even: "urk!" we are mostly nonverbal-maybe because we left our mommy so young?-but we get our point across just finewink
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4