GO!

Switching to wet, then [hopefully] to raw...Advice??

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

[[*]]Charlie- Anne[[*]]

Cuddle! Cuddle!- Kiss! Kiss!- Purr! Purr!

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '08 8:53am PST 
[[[I have no idea whether I put this in the right topic, maybe it should be in Food And Nutrition. IDK!]]]

Okay, Meowmy wants to feed my raw. But Im sooo purrsnickety and SPOILED (smile ) I don't wanna.

So, meowmy decided if I was not gonna eat raw I was not gonna eat DRY (AHHH)!!!!! So now she wants to switch be to *gasp* wet. I wonder what THAT means? Hopefully not eating JUST water, that would be a damper on my YUM-FUN.confused

Anyways, Meowmy wanted me to get on and ask you guys what wet food I should eat? WELLNESS or FANCY FEAST?

Meowmy said that if I don't ever eat raw... thats okie dokie with her. She just doesn't want me eating DRY FOOD/kibble anymore.frown
[notify]

[[*]]Charlie- Anne[[*]]

Cuddle! Cuddle!- Kiss! Kiss!- Purr! Purr!

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '08 9:52am PST 
Oh, and if you know of any other wet foods OTHER THAN WELLNESS OR FANCY FEAST that your persnicketies like, please share.
[notify]

Magellan

Nooo!

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '08 4:13pm PST 
No Fancy Feast...icky!

As for a switch I had to do the same thing. The little beasties didn't like just plain raw, but they loved wet. I would just mix in some ground meat to the wet food and slowly add less wet food as their body became more acclimated to it.

The wet foods I used were Nature's Variety Instinct and Wellness (grain free formulas). I did buy a can or two of the Innova EVO, but they didn't like it.

Good luck!
[notify]