GO!

SPCA NEEDS TO BE RETRAINED

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Angel ( In- Loving- Memory)

Little Man,Angel- Baby,Hey Man

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '08 12:40pm PST 
The reason they need to be retrained is because on March the 2nd 2008 my parents took me to SPCA to be fixed and told the vet John that I had breathing problems 3 times.John still didn't write down and I passed away on the operation table,I was only 1 year old male baby. my mom bottled fed me till I was old enough to eat on my own and my dad had me to where I loved to work with him in the basement.So if anybody comes across a Domestic short haired male kitten.Gray and white with a white patch on the hip,please contact my mom at sexylovewelder@yahoo.com.Please! My parents are very loving and takes care of there kids(cats).I had 2 gray tabbie sisters who I got along with great.kitty

Edited by moderator Fri Mar 14, '08 11:02pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

♥- Brookelynn- Paige=^.^=

I Like People- They Clean Up My- Poop!

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '08 12:46pm PST 
Im sooo sorry for your loss, I cant believe that
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sat Mar 15, '08 12:16pm PST 
Some things to think about:

1. It's possible that Angel died for reasons other than that you have suggested. He might have had a pre-existing condition that was not caught by regular vet exams, and that did not become problematic until well into surgery. Unless they told you for a fact that Angel went into respiratory failure during surgery, you might be accusing the SPCA unfairly out of your own anger and loss.

2. If you are that incensed and saddened over the loss of your baby, getting a new cat is not the answer to your grief. From your insistence on getting a cat that looks exactly like Angel, it sounds like you are just trying to avoid dealing with the loss and its resulting grief, and think getting another cat might help you numb those feelings. It wouldn't, and so you would be doing yourself and any cat you'd adopt in that state a disservice. You should be taking time to have a few crying sessions about this. After that, have some more.

Grieving is not an easy process. We go through: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. You seem to be stuck back and forth in the anger stage (How could this happen!) and bargaining (If I got another cat who looks just like Angel, maybe I wouldn't hurt so much). You'll need more than two weeks to be able to accept losing your Angel, since it sounds like you were bonded to him as if he were a human child (mom totally understands that, I am her cat child, she says). That is very salient. Ask yourself this: would you feel ready to have another human baby if one that you already had just died two weeks ago? Just because Angel happened to be a cat, your answer should not necessarily be different. Giving yourself more time to grieve might not look like it now, but it is the best gift you can give yourself. Given that time, you'll be able to stop dwelling on the bad memory of how he died, and focus on all the happy memories in between. And then, you'll be ready to create new memories with another cat.

Edited by moderator Sat Mar 15, '08 12:58pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Sable - ~Love you- Always~

Ride the Wild- Wind

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 6:32pm PST 
It is not just impossible to ever find a cat with identical markings to a previous cat, but finding a cat with similar colors to "replace' a cat that is lost will cause you to think about the cat that died whenever you look at the new cat. All cats are individuals with their own purrrrsonalities.

Even though a cat may look a bit like Angel, no cat will ever BE Angel, and it's wrong and unfair to whatever cat you rescue to try and get them to live up to the impossible expectation of being exactly like Angel was.

You should bond with a cat for its personality. NOT for its color. If you settle for only a specific color, you will have an extremely limited pool to choose from and will miss out on the right cat for your furmily.

And it is probably not the SPCA's fault that Angel passed during surgery. While it is a tragedy and very sad that Angel is now at the bridge, there is always complications with any surgery , even one as "routine" as a spay or neuter procedure. It's unfair to blame SPCA while you are greiving.

I also agree with the rest of what Boris said. He sums it up nicely. way to go
[notify]

KILA IS AN- ANGEL KITTY- NOW

THE LAP IS MINE,- ALL MINE!

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 10:26pm PST 
I agree with the other posts - you will never be able to replace you dear kitty. Do you have some other pictures of him that you could post so we could see more of his markings ?- that way if anyone on Catster knows of a kitty with similar markings they could let you know.

We are so sorry for your loss.
[notify]

♥- Snow- ♥

Garfield in- white

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '08 12:49pm PST 
I am so sorry for you loss. frown
[notify]

MORTICIA

brat princess- with sharp claws

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '08 1:28pm PST 
we know what it's like to lose a baby (in every sense of the word). you are mad because you were trying to "do the right thing" and lost an important member of your family in the process. we are not saying whether the SPCA is at fault or not, we don't know. things do happen. our mommy was VERY ANGRY at her "friend" who gave her spike. still is actually. not because we lost him necessarily. moreso because she never offered her condolences and because she alowed her partner to crowd the cats in the domicile. her partner kept bringing in new cats and they did this without vetting or neutering. so it's negligence that she was PO'ed about. she always wanted a black cat and spike was supposed to be it. she did end up adopting our sister lydia for that reason. but by no means did she do it to "replace" him. she just loves black cats. maybe you should think on it some more. and if you feel the SPCA wronged you, file a complaint. we are very sorry about your loss. we hope your grief lessens in time.
[notify]

{N.e.S.s.A}- *in*loving*m- emory*

Mummy Says Im A- Furry Little- Superstar!!

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '08 7:29am PST 
I am so sorry for your loss, if I were you I would totally sue them. This makes me cry. crycrycry

You should search DOMESTIC SHORTHAIR breed on Catster Breed Info and you should try and find an adoptable kitty from there!
[notify]

{N.e.S.s.A}- *in*loving*m- emory*

Mummy Says Im A- Furry Little- Superstar!!

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '08 8:12am PST 
But I need you to know that if your getting a cat that looks just like Angel you might be doing a disservice to the new cat. The other posts sum it up correctly.
[notify]