GO!

Another canned food question!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Hector

Is that the- fridge I hear?

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 10:22am PST 
Hi everyone,
Hector seemd to prefer the chunked texture of wet food to the pate-type of texture. The Wellness is more of the pate-type and he will eat it off of my hands (spoiled boy). Can anyone tell me which types of corn and wheat free canned foods come in the chunky texture?
Thanks
[notify]

McDuff- (4/10/94-12/- 14/09)

Take time to- smell the- flowers

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 11:14am PST 
Wellness has pouches, too, that are the chunky with gravy type!!
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 11:27am PST 
Some of the Merrick's wet is chunky, and most of it is grain free or has very little grain (read the ingredients list in the back of the can to make sure). I am a Wellness grain free fiend (I will refuse Wellness wet that still contains grains, though they are moving in the direction of grain free more and more), but have accepted Merrick's without problems, which is a feat given how extremely picky I am becoming now that I am maturing. wink

The flavors for that that I know are chunkier in texture are "New England Boil" and "Thanksgiving Day Dinner". We are still experimenting with other flavors, so I don't know if all of them are chunky (to my palate, "California roll" wasn't, but your experience may vary).
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 12:26pm PST 
Most premium grain and by product free canned foods are pate/loaf style thinking Maybe you can try one of these slice/chunky brands:

Weruva
Avoderm Natual Select Cuts
Fromm
By Nature pouch food
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 12:32pm PST 
Merrick
[notify]

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 3:44pm PST 
Innova EVO is good thats what I feed along with Instincts.
[notify]

Mush Mush

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 7:43am PST 
HALO Purely for Pets is in the middle-not exactly pate but not too chunky either. It can be a bit pricey too. Good Luck!

Edited by author Sun Jan 27, '08 7:43am PST

[notify]

Riddick

i like feeling- tall

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 12:49pm PST 
riddick loves the Wureva wet food, especially the paella one since it had big chunks of mussels and such. they have quite a few different varieties but we haven't had a chance to try those yet
[notify]

Riddick

i like feeling- tall

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 12:53pm PST 
riddick loves the Wureva wet food, especially the paella one since it had big chunks of mussels and such. they have quite a few different varieties but we haven't had a chance to try those yet
[notify]

♥ Liliya Zimah Taiga

Lily Flower

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '08 12:38pm PST 
Sheba cat food is textured and doesn't contain any glutens. Although, I don't think Sheba is a meal with full balanced nuitrition. It's just meat. It took a while, but I can get my cat to eat Sheba duck, but it's not her favorite. She eats Harmony Farms salmon like she's starving to death. I guess that means she really likes it.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2