GO!

vet bills

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '08 4:35pm PST 
I'm not sure if anyone can help with any advice, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I adopted a cat from a shelter last August (it was not her first time there either), after losing my previous cat to mammary cancer. Since that time, she has had one health problem after another, all treatable, and most likely as a result of her living in a small overcrowded (no-kill) shelter. I brought her home with a mild case of ringworm which got much worse, and has taken forever to clear up. She did improve somewhat, but I've noticed her fur is starting to fall out again in some spots, and she has been on ringworm medication for the past few months. The vet said that she may have some sort of auto-immune problem, and mentioned the possibility of having to do a (skin) biopsy. I wish money were no object, but I am really struggling financially already, and her medications and vet bills have definitely not helped! I am wondering if there is some sort of organization that could help me with these vet expenses? I cannot afford a biopsy, and returning her to that shelter just isn't an option. I couldn't do that to this sweet cat! She's been "dumped" there 3 times before I got her. From what I know, she didn't start having these problems until I got her. Any ideas or info you could offer me would be greatly appreciated
[notify]

Gabriel

Want some- lovin'?

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '08 4:53pm PST 
There is a thing called a "care credit card" and you use it ONLY for the vet bills.
In addition, there are several organizations where you can apply online. Forgive me but I was looking for the print outs I have of them and I guess during my holiday cleaning, I moved them elsewhere.
Also, please use the forum search window and type in 'ehlp with vet bills'. I am sure I have seen strings regarding this topic.
Good luck and best wishes.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '08 3:04am PST 
Financial help with vet bills
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '08 2:30pm PST 
Thanks, I've located some organizations and am checking into it. I've already heard back from one group who advised they are out of funds. I will keep trying though!!
[notify]