GO!

Can you help Catster??? It's easy =)

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Catster HQ

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 12:23pm PST 
Helllllllo!

We're working on improving our Local homepage by being able to guess where a user is based simply by their IP address.

Could you help us test a service we may use by going to the below URL and seeing where it says you are, and then post back here how close or far off it is.

http://www.maxmind.com/app/mylocation

Thanks!

Ted @ Catster HQ

BRUCE (THE- BOSS)

Born to Run &- Born to Moo Boo

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 1:00pm PST 
No problem Ted, only too happy to help.

It states the region we are in is Nottinghamshire (UK) and Global City - Kettering (UK).

Nottinghamshire is about 80 miles from us and Kettering is about 35 miles from us - We are actually in Buckinghamshire.

Not sure if you wanted info from the UK, but we like to help where we can.

Oh but if Mum tries this little test again tomorrow, she will actually be a lot closer to you than she will to either Nottingham or Kettering
laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Edited by author Tue Nov 27, '07 1:03pm PST

Sherlock

Me, Me, Me, Me

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 1:19pm PST 
Ted-
The only thing it said for us was United States. No region or anything like that.
[notify]

Sesshoumaru- (Sesshy)

mrrrr? wanna- play?

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 1:24pm PST 
Said I was in Toronto Ontario Canada which is the closest big city to me and not that far away, so yes, it was pretty acurrate.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 1:34pm PST 
It correctly knew my location and which Internet provider I have shockshock Is it really necessary to know where in the world a user is viewing Catster from? shrug
[notify]

Winnie and- Chester

Mom...he just- bounced me- again!

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 1:39pm PST 
It got the state right and the city was the one next to us, but not bad overall. Am curious what it would say when I am out of town and posting from another place
[notify]

Muffin- ♥- Rainbow- Bridge

Mrs- Ian

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 2:22pm PST 
It got us totally wrong.
It said that we are in Crawley, West Sussex, UK when we are in fact twentyfive miles from Truro in Cornwall, just a couple of hundred miles out. big grin
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 2:22pm PST 
Mine says I am browsing from a small town about 40 miles from us. You would think it would find me in a big city like Portland.
[notify]

Toffy

Head of- household

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 2:23pm PST 
It pinpointed our city! shock
[notify]

Boxie Brown- Forever

Boxie B.- with a- goatee!!

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 2:48pm PST 
Good thing Mom works for "Big Brother" or else we might be scared! Nailed us dead on!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8