GO!

Vick and Animal Empathy Course

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Bixit Boseph- (taken too- soon)

Made fur- purrfection!

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '07 5:41pm PST 
Have you all seen this:

http://www.peta.org/feat_AP101.asp

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. I, for one, don't believe he can ever be completely absolved of the atrocities he and his associates committed on all those innocent dogs. I think he could achieve some sort of redemption by becoming an outspoken opponent of dogfighting. I mean get out there in the communities like the one he says he grew up in and advocate compassion. Maybe he could even teach similar courses in empathy to at-risk kids. However, merely taking the course himself is not enough. I want him to renounce his past and more.
[notify]

Sweetpea

S-W-E-E-T-P-E-A

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '07 11:20pm PST 
I do not believe any of it and its so he has something to show the judge. There is no cure for this idoit. And who cares what he does now the damage it done. He has distroyed what was most inportant and that was the pits and any other animal he may have used to abuse. He makes me sick and there is nothing he can do in my mind to please me in the least. He has not learned on dang thing. Only to do it better and not get cought. thinking SO HE THINKS
He can think he is fooling someone but he is not going to fool me. I do not like him and will never like him. shh

So now you have my thoughts on him and its not very much....may he rot and you know where........wave

Jake sweetpea big brother.......A pit mix
[notify]

Beloved- Angel Amelia- loves HL!

I am finally- with my True- Love Bill....

Purred: Thu Oct 4, '07 12:04am PST 
I'll be honest and say that I think if he did become an outspoken proponent against dogfighting and actually did go into the streets and dedicate himself to this and not just take the course as Sweet Pea said, I hold out some hope.

I know what he did was awful (and b/c I am a cat fanatic, when I think how they use cats tears me up more inside), but if we didn't believe in redemption, then there's no hope anywhere. Maybe I live with rose colored glasses, and believe me, I think he'd have to do ALOT and over a LONG course of time, but I want to believe someone can see the light. I pray he really really does....

But... actions will always speak louder than words, for ALL of us.
[notify]

Charm

I know what I- want and I want- it NOW!

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '07 11:59pm PST 
He woould have to be very dedicated for some period to time to convince me its not just PR, thats to say "if" he ever actually did any anti dogfighting work.
[notify]

Elisabeth- Ann

Doodle Noodle

Purred: Sat Oct 6, '07 2:23am PST 
Well said Amelia
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '07 5:45am PST 
ONE DAY!!! I'M SCREAMING.

If anyone thinks a one day course is going to help Vick - then you need to rethink.

He only wants to put himself in the limelight to make people think he is a changed man!

He thinks he will get sympathy and not have to do any jail time.!!

NO NO NO - MAXIMUM JAIL PLUS FINE IS WHAT I THINK HE SHOULD GET!

Sorry - I'm a little ticked off about this this morning.

Beloved- Angel Amelia- loves HL!

I am finally- with my True- Love Bill....

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '07 7:27am PST 
shock Oh I agree he should receive all the punishment he justly deserves for his crime. And PETA made that clear to him as well. True it is a one day class but I still hope it is a start, and a long, genuine start. Time will tell.....thinking
[notify]

Hunter

Poop Anarchist

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '07 3:44pm PST 
I like to be hopeful too. But right now, me and my family are still really disgusted by his actions, and we don't care how many classes he takes. He needs to get the maximum sentence, and he needs to be forced to donate money to the ASCPA and Best Friends. That way, even if he doesn't care (and we know he doesn't), he's still doing some tangible good.

Maybe one day we'll forgive him. But not today.
[notify]

Jet Giotto

Born Friday the- 13th

Purred: Tue Oct 9, '07 8:12pm PST 
Well I just heard something that will definately put a cramp in his style!

They're going to make him repay 20 million back from his bonus!

HAHA HA HA!!!

Hit the greedy cruel human where it hurts...in the wallet mol haha ha ha rofm!!!

~Jet Giotto~

PS, hehe haha mol purrrr purrrr purrr.....
[notify]

Olivia

Purred: Fri Oct 19, '07 10:42pm PST 
Personally, I think it is a good idea. People, like animals, can be turned around. But of course, he needs to be severely punished and banned from owning animals. But the empathy course is a wonderful idea. I for one support it 100%!
[notify]