Important News & Beaser would like to Thank you for the Rosettes

Beaser

BratCat

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '07 10:06pm PST 
cloud 9
My Mom's going on restriction!
Or maybe I am..... She says if I don't stop killing chippie-monks and leaving them as a surprise under her computer table, Im in BIG Trouble!
OK, My turn... I have been so very busy lately I don't know what day it is! More recalls are coming (Iam's canned dog food) and I have been working with some great rescue and transport groups. One in particular is very anxious to help with transports and rescues.
Please.....Pass this info on, I was pleasently surprised when I got involved in rescue just how many wonderful, caring people are involved in moving animals out of KILL-SHELTERS to rescues and non-kill shelters as well as to FUREVER homes!
One lady I spoke with is a Vet assistant and she travels extensively in a large bus, transporting animals all over the US and Canada. No less than 55 or more per trip.
This is the letter I recieved today, and was asked to spread the news.......
FYI. Operation Roger's e-mail address is operationroger@operationroger.com. They're based in Joshua, just outside of Ft. Worth. Note the info about them and link to their website below. Please forward widely. Thanks.

CROSSPOST OK AND WELCOME

Hi all:

Here are thoughts from Debbie Brattan in testimony for Operation Roger, a great resource! Please remember to ask Operation Roger for help when you need it...

There is a wonderful organization that I use for transporting - and they are doing great things to help rescues. But apparently they still are not very well known and I would like to try and help get the word out about them and the great things that they do. I would really appreciate it - and I know Operation Roger will!

Here is the information.Thanks for anything you can do to help get the word out on these folks - they are absolutely wonderful!

Operation Roger was formed shortly after Hurricane Katrina. Sue Wiese, a truck driver wanted to help and considered what she might could do - and Operation Roger was born. It was named Operation Roger in memory of her dog Roger that she lost way too soon. She got busy recruiting drivers to transport Katrina dogs and evolved from there. Operation Roger is now an operation that transports rescue dogs all over the United States to other rescues and adopters. They do not charge for this service - and have a great fleet of drivers who work with them. When a dog is transported by Operation Roger they are taken into the truck with the driver and treated as a pet until they are delivered to their destination. They also transport other animals as well! This is a wonderful, caring organization that wants to help rescues with moving their dogs where they need to go. You can learn more about Operation Roger by going to their website - www.operationroger.com - where you will also find applications for transport and lots of other useful information as well.