GO!

When NO ONE will take kittens!!!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Purred: Sun May 27, '07 9:56am PST 
I have six kittens from a feral mother; I had mom spayed.

Will take kittens to vet on Tuesday.

Delaware Humane Society in Wilmington, Delaware, will reevaluate them when they are well and older. Hopefully they will take them,

I have exhausted all resources.

What about ads in paper? I know to be VERY VERY CAREFUL. Any suggestions for wording in ad--if I have to go this route?

PLEASE LIFT MY SPIRITS.

Jane
[notify]

Mickey- (Angel- Dreamboat- #22)

Bigger is better

Purred: Sun May 27, '07 10:19am PST 
You could also try making the kittens a Catster page and marking them as available for adoption (there's a little box you can check when filling out their bio). We commend you for being so kind and concerned about this feral family!
[notify]

Finnigan and Cannoli

Purred: Sun May 27, '07 4:15pm PST 
You can also advertise them on petfinder, we're up there!
[notify]

Purred: Mon May 28, '07 1:27pm PST 
Thank you for your replies.

At this point, I don't have a digital camera--probably need to learn. I am starting to realize that I am in a situation where I need photos of my fursons.

And, thank you for the kind words; most people think of the feral furries as horrible--makes me sad.
[notify]

Aquavit

Queen of the- Mansion

Purred: Tue May 29, '07 9:35am PST 
Beg, borrow, or buy a digital camera. Get pictures up on Catster and Petfinder.

Remember to charge an adoption fee; it helps weed out the careless, the thoughtless, and those collecting "free to a good home" cats and dogs for nefarious purposes (which includes Class B animal dealers collecting animals for sale to the less particular laboratories, and people who later turn out to be the next Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer.)
[notify]

Chance- Nickolas

GATOR BABY!

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 1:45pm PST 
There are a few other groups listed on Petfinder.org in Wilmington, DE. You may have already checked them out. At the very least they may help you get them adopted.

Faithful Friends
3 Germay Drive, Wilmington, DE 19804
(302) 427-8514

Save the Animals Adoption Center At Windcrest Animal Hospital
3705 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19805
Phone: 302-998-2995

http://www.forgottencats.org
Claymont, DE

And there are others near by.
[notify]

Angel ( In- Loving- Memory)

Little Man,Angel- Baby,Hey Man

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '08 1:21pm PST 
do u have any gray and white kittens with a white patch on the hip.
[notify]

Mathilda- Lucinda

My heart belongs- to- DIOGI...furrreve- r!

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 9:04am PST 
pet finder really works, I found my Mathilda on pet finder! u can buy these super cheapo digital cameras at walmart for like $12.00, maybe you get one of those just for taking the kitty pics!
[notify]

♥- Nikki- ♥

Stinky, Stupid,- Nickster

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 9:25am PST 
I can't adopt, but petfinder and posting them on catster sound like great ideas. I wouldn't put your kittens in the pound or animal shelter though. They might end up in a bad home. I like catster and petfinder the most.
wishes For you.

Oh and check out my post about the cool school. It is real interresting. way to go
[notify]

Hunter

The most- ferocious timid- cat there is

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '08 5:24pm PST 
We found Sam on craigslist....I'm wary about recommending it to people because there are so many sketchy people on there BUT if you charge an adoption fee and ask for a vet recommendation then you should be ok. Something else I would recommend doing is possibly micro chipping all of the babies and registering them to yourself, then offering to transfer the registration. That way if the owner ever surrendered them you would be contacted.
You might also be surprised how many friends and family members wind up wanting to adopt one of your kittens.
I have to add a note: Hunter is a feral and we ADORE him. He's socialized really well, even though we caught him at a year, and seeing his transformation has been amazing.
I wish you the best of luck, please keep us posted!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2