GO!

Black whisker?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14

entrepurrneur

Purred: Fri Oct 20, '06 9:59pm PST 
Hello all,

I noticed a few days ago that I seem to be growing a black whisker. All of my other whiskers are white and always have been. Have any of you ever experienced this before? Is this normal?

meow meow,

Rits
[notify]

Mickey- (adopted!!!)

Lil' Mickers

Purred: Fri Oct 20, '06 10:17pm PST 
Yes, Mickey's whisker's used to be completely white. He has on pure black whisker and the other are half black and half white. Not anything to be concerned aboutat all

purrrrs,
Mickey
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Oct 21, '06 9:45am PST 
Sometimes I have black whiskers. It is normal for orange felines to have an occasional black whisker.
[notify]

Turtle - forever- missed

-forever missed- and loved <3-

Purred: Sat Oct 21, '06 4:39pm PST 
i have one as well smile mom thinks it's funny and she plays with it all the time.
[notify]

Stinky Brave- Angel- (2001-2010)

I had her at- 'meow'

Purred: Sat Oct 21, '06 9:20pm PST 
I had one white whisker, but it fell out...bummer.
[notify]

Cole

Anything- Goes

Purred: Sun Oct 22, '06 4:55pm PST 
I just got one white whisker...but I am pretty young and there are some other tiny white hairs starting, too.

Other than making you feel you look off-balance, I don't think it means anything. (Black and orange for Halloween?)
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Sun Oct 22, '06 5:57pm PST 
I think that's pretty typical for orange (or cream/beige which is actually dilute orange) cats. We're like red haired or stawberry-blond humans and we get splotchy pigmentation like their freckles. A black whisker is probably growing out of one of your freckles and picking up extra pigment. smile

Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14

entrepurrneur

Purred: Sun Oct 22, '06 7:51pm PST 
Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it very much.

It's good to know that I'm okay.

meow meow,

Rits
[notify]

Tuxedo

Pint-Sized- Panther

Purred: Mon Oct 23, '06 8:52am PST 
Hi Rits!

Just wanted to let you know that my little sister Bella (a brown tabby with white) has all white whiskers except for one black one. She's pretty proud of it! You should be too! smile

Purrs and cuddles,
Tuxedo
[notify]

Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14

entrepurrneur

Purred: Mon Oct 23, '06 1:03pm PST 
Thank you for letting me know, Tuxedo. I appreciate it.

meow meow,

Rits
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3