GO!

Indoor or Outdoor

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Sasha

I am beautiful- and I know it.

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '06 7:55pm PST 
Where do you live indoor or outdoor or both? Where do you think is the best to be beteen the two? I live indoor I love it because I don't have to worry about rain and I get waited on hand and foot also I don't have to worry about cars.
[notify]

Kenya

Diva- Extraordanaire!

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '06 12:42pm PST 
In the wintertime, I stay inside all the time. During the summer though, my mom lets me go outside during the day, as long as it's not raining out (she leaves the front door open a crack for me when I'm outside). I love to sniff the flowers and nibble on the grass and sleep in the shady places. *purrr*

Now that Simone lives here though, I don't know how it's going to work. She was outside all the time, as a feral kitten, and mom is scared that she'll take off if she gets outside. She's microchipped already, but mom is still scared. I'm not microchipped yet, but I heard her say that I'll have it done in the spring at the same time that I get my teeth cleaned.

She's having us both microchipped because she takes us when she travels for work, and she doesn't want us to get lost if we get away when she's out of town!

The neighborhood that we live in is pretty safe, but there may be some changes on the way... ick!
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '06 2:51pm PST 
I'm a 99.9% indoor kitty. But every once in a while I have to go to the vet, or I get to go to Grandma's house. Sometimes in the spring and summer, Mommy takes me for a "roll" in her grocery cart. I like that! Sometimes I get to sit out on the deck with Mommy, too.
[notify]

Zina - 6/10/2000 - 12/6/2006

can I go with- you, pleeeeease?

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 3:40am PST 
We are also 90% indoor kitties. We live in a flat on the 3rd floor, and we are allowed only on the small balcony when it's warm outside. Now it's cold, and Mama lets us out only in the morning for a few minutes to count the birds in the neighbourhood.
But during the summer, when our parents (and other humans) migrate to the coast and islands, we get to go with them. They usually go to their summer house with garden in the beginning of June or September, during the lower tourist season. We LOVE to be there. We are allowed to be outside all the time, we can enter the house through the opened kitchen and bathroom window on the ground floor. When our parents go to the beach, they leave the windows opened for us, but we usually stay inside the house while they are gone. It's safer. As they come back, we all start crawling out. We feel safer being outside when they are around. Every evening they chase us around the garden to put us inside. That's because they don't want us to fight with local feral cats. We usually get beaten up. If it can be prevented, why not?
[notify]

Mitzi

Surviving cancer- for: 9 weeks

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 6:27pm PST 
The gang and I are all indoor only kitties for the most part. Once in a while I'll sneak out to eat some grass but one of my parents usually right there watching me. Sampson, when he was alive, used to walk on a harness and lead around the yard with mom and she hops to do the same with Mirabelle this spring. We're also trying to be on our best behavior so pappa will build the outdoor enclosure he keeps talking about...

Where we live, we are surrounded by woods so there's lots of coyotes lurking about so letting us out on our own is something mom would never think about. We're also not to far from a highway so she would worry about that as well.... As well as disease, bad weather and bad people, those have all sealed the deal to make us indoor only cats.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 8:27pm PST 
My brother and I are indoor kitties but, like Zina, we live on the third floor and have a balcony. When the weather is nice, we spend lots of time out there. Unfortunately, it's rainy season now so we mostly stay in. There's a birdfeeder on the balcony, so we hang out near the door and watch the birdies.
[notify]

JACKSON

YOU WILL DO AS I- COMMAND!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 10:28pm PST 
My sister, Kila, and I used to be indoor/outdoor cats but then I made the mistake of disappearing for 16 days. Luckily I was ok and came home as soon as I could - I've never told anyone what happened to me. When I got home my mom said that's it - you are now 100% indoor cats - there are just too many things to worry about outside, in the city. My adopted brother, Oliver, has never been outside although he was picked up as a stray so he might have roamed the steets before he came to live with us. I've been indoors for over a year now and I'm fine with it - I sit in the screened windows and sniff the air and watch the world and other cats go by. We all feel very safe and happy. Try to stay in - you'll live a long and happy life. Signed, Jackson
[notify]

Kenya

Diva- Extraordanaire!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 10:33pm PST 
I wish I could say that I'm happy to be inside all the time, but I'm not. I dig at the door all the time, trying to get out, and if it's a sunny day then it's worse.

Mom isn't sure what'll happen if she moves to a place where I can't go outside. Hopefully there'll at least be a porch that I can get to, but I don't know if I'll even be happy with that. I'm a tigress at heart and I don't like to be penned in!
[notify]

Little Ma Ma

Spoiled rotten? - No, I'm spoiled- sweet!

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '06 10:59am PST 
Only me and Simba are inside cats. The rest are outside cats, for obvious reasons. Most of 'em hate being inside. Molly is an inside cat too over in Georgia. Simba likes to go outside every now and then though.
[notify]

Muffin

Queen of all I- survey

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '06 1:53pm PST 
I'm an indoor and outdoor cat, in the summer I spend 90% of my time outdoors and in the winter i spend 90% of my time indoors.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7