GO!

How did you get your name?

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Sophie

Little Pink- Nosies Rule!

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:02pm PST 
Mom thinks every cat's name has a story behind it.
I was just a few weeks old when Mom got me. She and my oldest human sister wanted a special name for me. They found a web site where people post their cat's names.
They went through the A's, the B's, the C's... and so on. They saw a lot of names they liked , but nothing that seemed to fit.
Finally they got to the S's and saw "Sophie". Mom says they both just grinned at each other and said, "That's the perfect name!"
[notify]

Little Ma Ma

Spoiled rotten? - No, I'm spoiled- sweet!

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:09pm PST 
I got my name from a cat that Grandmommy had when Mommy was just a human kitten. Its name was Big Momma and she looked just like me, only bigger, so my name became Little Ma Ma (Mommy was only ten at the time, so she spelled it "Ma Ma" instead of "Momma")
[notify]

VIJAY

MASTER FIEND

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:14pm PST 
There have been various tails told about how we got our names -- several of which have been posted here. They are all fascinating, romantic or exotic, and all totally cat-poopy. Except the part about "fiends."

We were named by whatever came out of the cat mother's mouth when she met us. Period. End.

--vijay, selket & jacques -the fiends
[notify]

Daisy

The Bacon Queen

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:15pm PST 
It took my Mommy nearly two months to name me! She and her brother couldn't decide. Then the movie "Dukes of Hazzard" came out and she thought the name Daisy sounded good. In the meantime, her brother had made a list of 10 names he liked and Daisy was one of them. Then ... a little girl who is a friend of Mommy's came over to meet me. Mommy asked her what she would name me and she said "Daisy!" So ... Mommy figured that was a sign. So that's how I got my name!
[notify]

Ziggy

Peekaboo

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:25pm PST 
Ziggy Stardust and Ziggy Marly, baby!

Although, since human mommy was seven, she almost named me Skittles cause of the way I walked on the kitchen floor. >.> Anyway, mum was sitting me on the floor and playing with me with a string when suddenly big human Daddy turned on Bob Marley really loud. I jumped, only in the wrong direction. Right at the speaker! Mommy said, 'Hey, he likes it!' Only Daddy said she couldn't name me Bob (thank the Gods) soo... here I am in all my glory!
Mraow, Ziggy
[notify]

Saleen

Big Fat Stupid- Cat

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:32pm PST 
Thank goodness our parents ended up keeping the names we were given at the shelter!

They were going to change them, but all the names they came up with were crazy german philosophers and odd scientists. I mean, I really wouldn't be comfortable responding to "Wittgenstien" or "Hume" or "Crick"... They were going to compromise on "Mendel" but everyone in my mom's lab had named a pet of theirs Mendel at one time in their lives (mom is a plant conservation geneticist and dad is a philosopher). Same for Socrates and Plato...

Anyway, we're assuming I (Saleen) was named after a Saleen Mustang while in the shelter, and who knows why they called Willow that.
[notify]

Macy

::meow::

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:33pm PST 
My meowmie named me Macy because Petsmart (where she adopted me) was right next to a Macy's Department Store.. How glamorous is that... haha... *not*.

-Macy
[notify]

Ellie

sweet Ellie....

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 5:36pm PST 
I started out with the name Chloe - but everytime mum said that name - Macy would think she was being called. So, mum thought for a long time and was watching tv.... she was going through channels and stopped for a second on the Beverly Hillbillies...Just then I jumped in her lap - so she named me after Ellie May from the show.
[notify]

Kahlan- (missing)

Gimme Treats- Meowmie!

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 6:03pm PST 
I am named after the lead female character in the "Sword of Truth" novel series by Terry Goodkind. My brother Gimli is named after Gimli the dwarf in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. My momma Aphrodite, and Isis were named after goddesses. Nigel was named after Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap.

Sophie

Little Pink- Nosies Rule!

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 6:11pm PST 
These are great stories!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]