GO!

How to remove grease

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chernobyl

Flesh Gordon

Purred: Wed Jul 9, '08 11:32am PST 
How do I remove Grease spots off my kitten? We bath weekly and use hypoallergenic/sensitive skin baby wipes daily for spot cleaning.

What are good products? How do I remove the darkness above her eyes? Looks like accumulated dirt. We rescued her from someone who let her get very dirty and covered in black heads.
[notify]

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Thu Jul 30, '09 1:13pm PST 
You can try a grease-cutting dish detergent!! But try just a little at first - I would suspect some kitties might be overly sensitive to the soap... As for the eyes, warm washcloths do the trick (although my Meowma used to use her fingers to wipe away the dirt - worked better than anything. Same with the ears - just used a pinky finger to clean the ears!).
[notify]