GO!

Am I Siberian?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
☆Zoril- la☆

When in- Doubt...PURR!

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '07 9:40am PST 
We thought I was Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest Cat, but mom just saw a special on TV and thinks I may be Siberian.
What are the traits of a Siberian kitty>
[notify]

Natasha

i wanna explore - let me out!

Purred: Mon May 14, '07 7:35pm PST 
Siberian cats vary bu generally they have a double coat, very long fur, tufts of fur in their ear and between their toes. They tend to like to climb to high places and are very chatty, I have heard people say they are dog like and they get attached to one particular person.
[notify]

Minnie

Remember who is- in charge.

Purred: Tue May 15, '07 8:55am PST 
We have a Siberian. They are quite distinctive cats and very definitely have long coats and, as the poster above said, long tufts of fur in the ears and between the toes. They are usually a variation on brindled colouring - variations of brown, ginger and white mostly, although I've also seen silvery Sibs (and one with points, but I believe that's not a recognised colouring now).

Hope that helps!
[notify]

Minnie

Purred: Tue May 15, '07 8:58am PST 
By the way, seeing your photos I would say this is not a Siberian - you are gorgeous but you look more like a Norwegian Forest type to me. Siberians are generally a bit chunkier in the face and body. Hard to describe, but just a slightly different shape.
[notify]

Minnie

Purred: Tue May 15, '07 8:58am PST 
By the way, seeing your photos I would say this is not a Siberian - you are gorgeous but you look more like a Norwegian Forest type to me. Siberians are generally a bit chunkier in the face and body. Hard to describe, but just a slightly different shape.
[notify]

Mischa

Who loves kitty?

Purred: Mon Jul 16, '07 3:44pm PST 
Siberians are also known for being hypo-allergenic cats, meaning they cause little to no allergies. My girlfriend has asthma attacks sometimes at my parent's house, and they have two short hair cats and my mother cleans all the time. But she isn't bothered by Mischa's fur at all.
[notify]

Snoop Dogg- (Snoopy)

Purred: Mon Sep 17, '07 12:12am PST 
Hi, we also thought that I was a Maine Coon, but someone has pointed out that I may be a Siberian. Do you think I could be a Siberian cat?
[notify]

PURR-C- C-NOTE BASS- 92807-03280

A Southern- Siberian With- Class

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '07 6:38am PST 
I was told that I came from a breeder in Atlanta and I one of ten Siberian kittens- I have blue eyes. My Uncle, Fatty has very long hair and a fluffy6 tail. he is orange all over. My Uncle Jazz has my same color - orange and White but he is a domestic shorthair. I'm so confused.
[notify]

FATTY M-CAT- BASS - -

I'm NOT FAT- I HAVE BIG HAIR

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '07 6:44am PST 
Hi...I'm Purr-C's Uncle...tryin to figure out if I'm siberian, or a Maine Coon...I know i'm beautiful.
[notify]

Poe

Everything is my- business!

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '07 7:15pm PST 
FATTY M-CAT- BASS - - You look like a Maine Coon. My Grandma had one for 15 years. You could be mixed with Siberian though if not purebred....,.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2