GO!

My Siamese wont talk !

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

HK .. The Ninja (snag )

The Ninja

Purred: Thu Jun 10, '10 5:23am PST 
I have a Siamese that was a stray he just turned up on my doorstep 2 years ago!
The vet thinks he's about 3/4 ...the thing is he wont talk/meow or if he does meow its not like a Siamese shrug
I have had Siamese before and they all have been VERY vocal !
Do you think it has any thing to do with him having been a stray? he can be a bit nervous at times but that seems to be improving smile
any one have any ideas?
[notify]

Bortai

The Quiet One

Purred: Sat Sep 25, '10 5:01pm PST 
I have had siameses most of my life...my current two purr a great deal, but the older (10 years) doesn't meow--best she does is a faint 'me'. My youngest, (5) will meow only rarely--the younger is a classic seal, the older a traditional tortie-seal. The older one's brother wouldn't meow either.
My longest-lived was a lilac who got to age 21--and he would open his mouth to meow, but only produced air most of the time. All were perfectly healthy. When I was a kid, we did have one or two talkative siamese.
Perhaps I'm just treating my cats great and they have no complaints? smile
[notify]

Kayoko

Wooooww!!!

Purred: Mon Sep 27, '10 12:53pm PST 
Our oldest has always been a loud mouth. The middle one chirps once in a while and the youngest just meeps if he isn't constantly getting attention. I've always had siamese around and they're all very different.
[notify]

Nikita

walk to your own- drummer

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 5:32pm PST 
I have alittle Siamese/Burmese mix nd she does not talk either. She purrs alot. But hardly ever talks. I wish she would.
[notify]

Adinnam- Shimmering- Sheba.

ADOPT A- GOLDEN- OLDIE.

Purred: Thu Nov 25, '10 12:52pm PST 
Willow was never very talkative and when she did meow it didn't sound very much like a Siamese but the seventeen year old Siamese that I have just adopted , Sheba, really has a Siamese voice, and very talkative.
[notify]

Mishka

go away, we are- busy relaxing

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 12:43pm PST 
Mishka was never very vocal until he turned 8. Now he yells at me when I come home late without calling, when dinner time has past by more than 30 seconds and when I am standing up! I guess standing up and not playing is considered rude! lol
[notify]

Keegan

Running faster- than the speed- of light!!

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 1:03pm PST 
Keegan just kinda walks around talking to us, at nothing, at everything. He has conversational meows and I'm hungry mews and pet me purraows. He talks more than a teenage girl! I guess it all depends on the cat.
[notify]

Nestle

Iz a predator!

Purred: Mon Jun 13, '11 7:24pm PST 
I have a siamese / DSG mix who only talks when he has something important to say and I have a snowshoe who never STOPS talking, even when she's eating. They're all unique. kitty
[notify]