GO!

First time breeder

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:55pm PST 
Hi, I had my first pedigree cat this time last year, I read a lot about Russian blues and wanted one for a long time. Bella is now 14 months old and is starting to show signs of wanting companionship. I don't want to have her spayed just yet as I wanted to give her the chance to have some kittens. However I don't know where to strt. We bought her from a breeder who said we could breed her if e wanted too, I have since contacted him and he said for her to be put on the 'active register' would cost around £200. He was also trying to put me off doing it. I have also contacted another breeder regarding a stud, he said he would let me use his stud whether or not Bella was on the register. Enviously though this would affect the price the kittens ere sold for. I really don't know what to do. At the moment Bella is an indoor cat but I let her go out in the garden sometimes. I would like to let her out but I'm afraid of losing her and don't know whether I have left it too late now anyway.
So any advice on this would be appreciatedsmile
[notify]